Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

Post by Mike Peters » Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:00:02

The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the
scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 3.X systems; they also were used on
SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
They are available as files 'autoadmin.shar.*' from URL:
   http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
(Note: these files were last updated Jul 11, 2003).

The dot file scripts, which are copies of the .cshrc / .login / .profile
/ etc scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 3.X systems; they also were used on
SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
They are available as files 'dotfiles.shar.*' from URL:
   http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
(Note: these files were last updated Jul 11, 2003).

The BSD to HP-UX porting tricks, a set of notes and helpful C routines
for porting programs to HP-UX, are available from URL:
   http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/HPTRICKS
This file also contains a driver program and functions to obtain the
load average on a wide variety of systems, including HP-UX, IRIX,
SunOS, Solaris, DEC OSF, Stardent(!), and even for systems with no
/dev/kmem access (or if you can't get your program to be setgid to the
"kmem" group because you do not have 'root' access).
(Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).
--
The software box said I needed Windows 95 or better,        Mike Peterson
 so I bought a Mac.                                         U/Toronto NetOps

WWW:    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/                  Fax: 416-971-1362

Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

Post by Khalid Schofiel » Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:40:05

Mike,
please stop spaming these news groups. I've seen this message too many
times. We would write the scripts our selves if we were interested in the
function these scripts for-fill.

*********************
Khalid Schofield
System Administrator / EM Technician
Dept. Of Materials
University Of Oxford
Parks Road
Oxford
OX1 3PH

Tel: 01865 273785
Fax: 01865 283333
Web: http://www-em.materials.ox.ac.uk/people/schofield/index.html

> The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the
> scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
> SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 3.X systems; they also were used on
> SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
> They are available as files 'autoadmin.shar.*' from URL:
>    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
> (Note: these files were last updated Jul 11, 2003).

> The dot file scripts, which are copies of the .cshrc / .login / .profile
> / etc scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
> SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 3.X systems; they also were used on
> SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
> They are available as files 'dotfiles.shar.*' from URL:
>    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
> (Note: these files were last updated Jul 11, 2003).

> The BSD to HP-UX porting tricks, a set of notes and helpful C routines
> for porting programs to HP-UX, are available from URL:
>    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/HPTRICKS
> This file also contains a driver program and functions to obtain the
> load average on a wide variety of systems, including HP-UX, IRIX,
> SunOS, Solaris, DEC OSF, Stardent(!), and even for systems with no
> /dev/kmem access (or if you can't get your program to be setgid to the
> "kmem" group because you do not have 'root' access).
> (Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).
> --
> The software box said I needed Windows 95 or better,        Mike Peterson
>  so I bought a Mac.                                         U/Toronto NetOps

> WWW:    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/                  Fax: 416-971-1362

Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

Post by Greg Cagl » Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:42:05

Khalid - exactly how is this spam? What benefit does Mike get
from this? I don't think you understand the actual definition
of spam.

What Mike does is a public service and he's been doing it for a
very long time. Longer, I think, then you've been on Usenet.

I'm happy that your shop has the expertise to write scripts - but
many don't and can use Mike's stuff.

- Greg

p.s. it's "fulfill" not "for-fill."

> Mike,
> please stop spaming these news groups. I've seen this message too many
> times. We would write the scripts our selves if we were interested in the
> function these scripts for-fill.

> *********************
> Khalid Schofield
> System Administrator / EM Technician
> Dept. Of Materials
> University Of Oxford
> Parks Road
> Oxford
> OX1 3PH

> Tel: 01865 273785
> Fax: 01865 283333
> Web: http://www-em.materials.ox.ac.uk/people/schofield/index.html

--
Greg Cagle
gregc at gregcagle dot com

1. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

[...]

HE: Haven't I seen you some place before?                   Mike Peterson
 SHE: Yes. That's why I don't go there anymore.             U/Toronto NetOps

WWW:    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/                  Fax: 416-971-1362

2. Virtual hosting problem on Mandrake 8.2

3. Possible to get a list of all filenames in a unix diectory?

4. mounting zip-plus

5. Compiling with EAPI ...

6. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 6, 2004)