Help: Where can I get RMC memtool now? playground.sun.com seems get outaged!

Help: Where can I get RMC memtool now? playground.sun.com seems get outaged!

Post by Benjamin » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 22:59:17

Hi,

I am willing to use RMCmemtool to do some real work--but right now I
can't get access to http://playground sun.com --it's the home of
RMCmemtool.

Anybody can help find this package on net ? The laster version may be
3.9.4 (appreciated dropping an email to me)

Thanks in advance.

Benjamin Fu

1. HELP: fetchmail gets stuck getting mail over PPP

Hi,

I am having a problem getting mail from a POP server with
fetchmail. Basically, the program gets stuck getting mail. Here's the
output:

fetchmail -v -k
fetchmail: 4.5.3 querying pop.ncsa.uiuc.edu (protocol POP3) at Sat Sep  5 08:03:26 1998
fetchmail: POP3< +OK QPOP (version 2.52) at mx1.ncsa.uiuc.edu starting.
fetchmail: POP3> USER dragos
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Password required for dragos.
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK dragos has 1 message (1041 octets).
fetchmail: selecting or re-polling default folder
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1 1041
fetchmail: POP3> LIST
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1 messages (1041 octets)
fetchmail: POP3< 1 1041
fetchmail: POP3< .
1 message for dragos at pop.ncsa.uiuc.edu (1041 bytes).
fetchmail: POP3> RETR 1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1041 octets
reading message 1 of 1 (1041 bytes)

fetchmail gets stuck after this message and there's no other activity
over the PPP connection. I have to kill it with C-c.

This happens *only* when I am logged in over a PPP connection. When I
use Ethernet, fetchmail works fine. As far as I can tell, the only
difference is that on PPP I have a dynamic IP address. However, I am
using the option ``smtpaddress localhost'' in .fetchmailrc.

I do not understand what happens. I would appreciate any
advice. Thanks!

-Dragos

2. AWK Question

3. sun.com unreachable <siamak@bigboy.West.Sun.COM>

4. Solaris 2.X Admin book?

5. getting good curses box chars on sun and sun-cmd terminals

6. Install HP Color LaserJet 4600 under Solaris 7

7. Welcome to labs.google.com, Google's technology playground.

8. mod_auth_ldap module - Group within a Group working?

9. HELP: getting COLOR text in CUrses app on SUN

10. Help getting a tar from a sun

11. Getting X to run (everybody's favorite past-time, it seems).

12. how to detect if my question gets answers from this "supernews.com"?

13. cgi scripts not getting executed, only the source code gets displayed