Booting Diskless Sun 3/50 from Solaris 2.3 Machine

Booting Diskless Sun 3/50 from Solaris 2.3 Machine

Post by R. J. Sarf » Wed, 13 Apr 1994 04:26:41

Is it possible to boot a diskless Sun 3/50 from a Classic running
Solaris 2.3 ? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,

Robert Sarfi

1. NetBSD on Sun 3/50 diskless booting from 3/60 using SunOS 4.1.1

Hi,

I recently got some Sun's.

They are currently running sunos 4.1.1, currently there is only disks on
one machine, the other 3 boot over the network.

I have them booting fine under sunos, I want have a look at NetBSD, and
at the moment I can get no further than tftping and then running the
netboot program. (it requests its IP address and then just sits and waits)

I can find no doco's on setuping up a diskless client, only on booting via
the net to install NetBSD on the local hdd.

can anyone shed some light on whats wrong? etc

Thanks..

Andrew

2. 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.5: fsync buffer race

3. Booting diskless Sun 3/50's from RS/6000's

4. Netscape on FreeBSD can't open display other than :0.0

5. Add diskless client script on SUN Solaris 2.3

6. ksh

7. Trying to boot sun 3/50 off of a solaris box

8. Slim cases for rack-mounted solution

9. Pipeline 50 ISDN + Solaris 2.3

10. Problem booting from Non-Sun Disk on Solaris 2.3

11. Help! Booting Sun 3/50 from new drive

12. Termcap Entry for Wyse 50 on Solaris Machine

13. Sun 3/50 can't be NFS mounted by non-Sun Unix host