How long can a PATH env. variable be in Solaris 2.5.1

How long can a PATH env. variable be in Solaris 2.5.1

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

[[ Reply by email or post, don't do both ]]

>csh
>Warning: ridiculously long PATH truncated

It's a message from C-shell; it thinks you have to many
directories in your $PATH.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

How long can a PATH env. variable be in Solaris 2.5.1

Post by lvir.. » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

:I'm getting messages now :
:
:Warning: ridiculously long PATH truncated

csh has a ridiculously small idea of what size a PATH should be.
I recommend not using which.  Instead, use ksh as your default shell,
then add to your $ENV the line
alias -x which=whence
and you should, in most cases, get rid of that warning.

1. rsh and env variable's - Mainly PATH

when a rsh command is executed from a non-SCO server to a SCO server
(3.4.2) where is the PATH variable set?  I have tried changing the
/etc/default/login , /etc/iniscript , and the users .profile I am
executing the command as with no luck.

Thanks!

2. printer support

3. How to change PATH env variable

4. MKlinux vs LinuxPPC?

5. How to set PATH env variable

6. Workbench to linux

7. HP-UX env variable for C #include path?

8. About the hack execve system call.....?

9. Full path for VISUAL,EDITOR env variables needed or not?

10. Long PATH variables in SCO

11. env PATH contains duplicate paths

12. Long path environment variable problem in tcsh

13. ENV Shell Variable to Normal Variable Qn