Graphical Debugger for Solaris?

Post by Erik Wil » Thu, 21 Jul 1994 23:21:05

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a graphical de* for Solaris. Until now, we used xups
(which is really nice), but unfortunately, it seems to be a hard job to port it
to Solaris. As I understood it, xups is the only "really" graphical de*,
whereas other graphical debugging tools are just graphic front-ends to
line-oriented de*s. My questions to you all is: Which de*s do you
use, how easy are they to install (I can deal with installation problems, but I
don't want to port software) and how good do you think these de*s are (any
comparison is welcome)? Thanks for your help,

  Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zuerich)
  Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory  (TIK)
    ETZ G61.2, ETH-Zentrum, CH - 8092 Zuerich
    Phone: +41-1-6327009   Fax: +41-1-6321035

1. xDuel for xxgdb,gdb - a REAL graphical debugger

      [ Though this program is not currently part of GNU, the FSF is
        publishing an announcement of it, as it is useful free

      ]

annoncing xDuel 2.1 for xxgdb (FIX from v2.0).

xDuel is a graphical extension to Duel debugging language.

and it enables you to print data structures under gdb(GNU debugger).

inside gdb typing:
(gdb) duel ar[..n]
ar[0]=17
ar[1]=19
ar[2]=23

 will print the elements of array ar - ar[0] .. ar[n-1].
 root-->(left,right)->value will print the elements of a binary tree.

xDuel extends the Duel to enable drawing of the program's state.
The xDuel was implemented in two modes - in gdb (drawing on normal tty)
and in xxgdb - where drawing is done in X-windows.

xDuel enables you to DRAW those data structures - arrays,lists and trees.
look at

http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~frangy

and Dr. Michael Golan
by:

    and

CHANGES - version 2.1
----------------------
Correcting bad INSTALL file , instalation script.
Added features - graph nodes filtering -
   e.g root-->(left,right) >? 20 <? 30 will only draw the relevant nodes.

2. If you want help, please give full info

3. Debugger for graphical, multi-threaded app

4. Suddenly no ethernet adapter

5. any graphical debugger (RH5.1)?

6. routing problems

7. UPS Graphical Debugger, Linux version 0.2

8. TAKE THE MAC/PC survey!!! How fast is your computer??????

9. Looking for ups or graphical debugger to run under fvwm

10. Graphical bash debugger (xbashdb)?

11. LynxOS/Graphical Debuggers?

12. graphical debugger

13. Graphical Debugger Environment?