How can I view eastern character set under Sun Solaris 2.6 x86

How can I view eastern character set under Sun Solaris 2.6 x86

Post by siny » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
    I'm a Chinese, I installed a Sun Solaris 2.6 x86, but I can not view
and input my native language character set. I want to view and input
Tranditional  Chinese(BIG-5) and Simplified Chinese(GB2312) . How should
I setup up Sun Solaris, where can  I get Chinese Fonts files and how to
install them under Sun Solaris?

Thanks in advance!

1. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

I was going to use this hard drive to move large files from my
Ultra to my Pentium PC for CD-R backup, but upon "boot -r" on
the Ultra I saw an error about "invalid geometry" on sd3, the
drive I had formatted on my PC to be ufs.  And now of course
I can't even "prtvtoc" this disk ("Unable to read Disk geometry"),
so mounting it is seemingly out of the question.

What's the problem?  Was I naive to assume the a ufs on a Solaris
system would be the same regardless of CPU type?  I really don't
want to use Ethernet to transmit potentially gigabytes of data
on a regular basis :-(...

Please reply via email (and post here, of course), as I don't
get a chance to keep up with the newsgroup as regularly as I
would wish.  Thanks.

Mark J. Kaufman             Sun Microsystems, San Diego

2. Chosing textmode during boot

3. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

4. LINUX and MS PROXY SERVER...

5. How to install Netscape Communicator 4.06 on Sun Solaris 2.6 x86

6. mkinitrd and SCSI adapter difficulties

7. Setting up PPP on Solaris 2.6 x86

8. How to tune SHMMAX?

9. Solaris 2.6 x86 - setting video resolution???

10. Problems with setting up Solaris 2.6 x86

11. Looking for Solaris 2.6 SUN Admin Book (SUN 287 , Admin II)

12. How to view fax(*.awd) on SPARC Solaris 2.6?

13. Solaris 2.6 character device source code