PatchPro

Post by KM » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:20:57

Hello,

I am investigating on automating the patch installation in our solaris
machines, we have Solaris 2.6,7,8,9 and running under different Sun
hardwares. I have read the documents availabe on sun web sites
regarding the use of PatchPro and have also tested using dry run
method successfully.

Is there any one out here in this list using this application to
update patches in Solaris boxes in production environments. I
basically need to know regarding the reliability, security and
availability on this application.

Any words on this is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Kailash

1. PatchPro - Smpatch

Hi,
I'm try to use th PatchPro manager on Solaris 2.6

When I use the command smpatch analyze I get a list of patch to be installed
(I think).

I've installed some patch of the list, but if I run the analyze one more
time on the list I see the patch I've already installed.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks.
Pierluigi

2. initrd.img failure

3. PatchPro 2.2 & Solaris 8: Can I load them all in single-user mode?

4. directory services

5. problems with patchpro 2.2

6. problem connecting Linux & WinNT

7. PatchPro 2.2 on Sol 8 thinks Trusted Solaris patches should be applied.

8. PPP and Firewall Puzzle

9. Another PatchPro maybe-problem on Solaris 8?

10. PatchPro problem on Solaris 8

11. PatchPro for solaris 9 x86

12. PatchPro and patch revisions? Java errors?

13. Error: PatchPro failed: WARNING: Not an installable patch type