DBCS on Solaris 2.6

Post by Bruc » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I need to do some DBCS testing on Solaris 2.6.  Does this version
support DBCS and if not where can I get a version that does?  Thanks for
any help.

Bruce

1. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

I was going to use this hard drive to move large files from my
Ultra to my Pentium PC for CD-R backup, but upon "boot -r" on
the Ultra I saw an error about "invalid geometry" on sd3, the
drive I had formatted on my PC to be ufs.  And now of course
I can't even "prtvtoc" this disk ("Unable to read Disk geometry"),
so mounting it is seemingly out of the question.

What's the problem?  Was I naive to assume the a ufs on a Solaris
system would be the same regardless of CPU type?  I really don't
want to use Ethernet to transmit potentially gigabytes of data
on a regular basis :-(...

Please reply via email (and post here, of course), as I don't
get a chance to keep up with the newsgroup as regularly as I
would wish.  Thanks.

Mark J. Kaufman             Sun Microsystems, San Diego

2. HELP NEEDED in BLACKING OUT the screen after LOGOUT

3. Upgrade from Solaris 2.6 with Volume Manager 2.6 to Solaris 8 with Volume Manager 3.2

4. arp tables

5. DBCS on Solaris

6. Use Sun's JSP engine (in JWSDK-1.0) with Apache/JServ??

7. SunOS 5.6 vs Solaris 2.6 vs Solaris 7 vs Solaris 8

8. NIM

9. FS: SOLARIS 7 SERVER, SOLARIS EASY ACCESS 2.0, SOLARIS 2.6 KIT

10. Trade: Solaris SysAdmin2 2.6 course for SysAdmin1 2.6 course

11. 2.5.1 -> 2.6 & DiskSuite [Was: Solaris 2.6 & Solstice DiskSuite 4.0]

12. where to find WU-FTPD 2.6 for sparc-solaris 2.6 (binary)?

13. Veritas 2.6 on Solaris 2.6 question. .