Flash Install error

Post by Bitt Faul » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:55:10

When installing Solaris 8 recently, I noticed that the installation
procedure now has a Flash Install option.  So, since I have two machines
total that I'm installing (at this time, at any rate), there's no
advantage to setting up a JumpStart server (not to mention trying to
coordinate that with my net admins), so flarcreate + this sounds like a
great option.

All seemed to be going well, too, until it got to the point where the
install procedure tries to modify the files it just installed off of tape.
It tries to copy /tmp/root/var/yp/aliases to /a/var/yp/aliases (or
something like that), but it fails because the machine from which the flar
was made didn't have NIS installed.  Which would be fine, except that the
install process seems to hang at this point.

Can someone else confirm this, and, hopefully, submit a bug report if it's
true?  I don't have an active support contract right now, as I'm
evaluating this system for a particular application.

--
Bitt Faulk

1. Jumpstart Flash install error

Hi,

I get the following error after the Solaris8 flash archive image has been
100% extracted:

ERROR: Could not stop extraction

I've patched both the miniroot on the server and the client on which the
archive image is taken. I've also tried archive images created with every
flag imaginable with no change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. How do you apply a patch??

3. ipmasqadm install error and ip masq icq install error

4. multiprocessing

5. Flash ROM Driver / Flash File System

6. touch-screen device driver contract

7. ****Flashing Screen*****Flashing Screen******

8. HELP! USB mouse suddenly not working!

9. IDE Booting from Flash - Positive report: Adton PCMCIA Card Drive - PCMCIA vs. Compact Flash

10. Install error on G3: "error unpacking archive: unknown error"

11. HELP: Jumpstarting with flash archive returns system installation errors

12. Solaris 9 / Flash et uudecode errors

13. Flash-Apache conflict: error 416?