SunPCI-II "freaks out"

Post by bolt throwe » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:28:15

I've been running two SunPCI-II boards for a couple of months now, Win2k on both.  AFAIK I am
up to date on all Solaris, SunPCI, and Windows patches.

From time to time I have noticed various oddities.  Sometimes I will be typing away in either
the Solaris side or the Windows side, and my keyboard will suddenly stop accepting input.  The
mouse works fine, but I am no longer able to type.  I have to click windows, close stuff down,
etc., before the keyboard springs back to live.  Have noticed it on two systems.

Also, keys have a tendency to "get stuck."  I'll be typing away in notepad on the Windows
side, and a key will appear to have been pressed and held -- I'll the "the" for example, and
"tttttthe" will come out.

Most recently, the delete key got "stuck" and Windows just kept on deleting items in a program
I was working on.

The entire system will also appear to slow down once in a while; Windows will start taking 1-2
minutes to open something, minimize, etc.

I've seen other strangeness, too, but can only recall these specifics.

I'd be more than thrilled to blame it all on Windows, but its never happened in my SunPCI
cards, only my SunPCI-II cards.  And its never happened on conventional PCs.  I don't want it
to seem like I am asking a Wintel question here; I am not -- these are issues I am
specifically experiencing with my SunPCI-II boards.

Has anyone else observed any odd behavior?

--

SunPCI-II "freaks out"

Post by Stev » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:13:20

I have seen this too. My mouse freezes and hitting capslock twice frees it!
Also I ggggggettt the repated letters thing.

Steve

SunPCI-II "freaks out"

Post by bolt throwe » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:39:01

: I have seen this too. My mouse freezes and hitting capslock twice frees it!
: Also I ggggggettt the repated letters thing.

Any ideas as to a cause (or a fix)?  I wonder if Sun is aware of it?

SunPCI-II "freaks out"

Post by Stev » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 18:16:27

Quote:> : I have seen this too. My mouse freezes and hitting capslock twice frees
it!
> : Also I ggggggettt the repated letters thing.

> Any ideas as to a cause (or a fix)?  I wonder if Sun is aware of it?

I don't know! Mine just started 'doing it'. It was fine previously and I
haven't changed anything. Thought it was just me!

I'm not getting the freezing cursor anymore, but I still get repeated
characters. I thought that was debris in my keyboard though.