CSPLIT Command

Post by Tim Pearc » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to split a file into a number of files using the csplit
command. The problem I am having is that the CSPLIT command will only
allow me to create 100 files when I need to create approx 5000. The
command is as follows :

csplit -ks -n 4 -f slips (input_filename) (search_detail) {repeat}

The following error message is displayed  :  csplit: 100 file limit
reached

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Tim

CSPLIT Command

Post by Kurt J. Lanz » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to split a file into a number of files using the csplit
> command. The problem I am having is that the CSPLIT command will only
> allow me to create 100 files when I need to create approx 5000. The
> command is as follows :

> csplit -ks -n 4 -f slips (input_filename) (search_detail) {repeat}

> The following error message is displayed  :  csplit: 100 file limit
> reached

> Any help would be appreciated

Um... Do it in two stages. Split the original into up to 100 parts, then
split each part.
--
Kurt J. Lanza

1. csplit command - more than 99 splits?

Quick question:

I am trying to split a file by its context into several individual files.
The csplit command in SCO Unix does EXACTLY what I need, however, it has a
limitation of 99 splits (files).

Does anyone know of a utility (and if so, where to get it) that does not
have this 99 split limitation?

Thank you in advance!!

2. file system synchronization

3. using csplit (or something) in a one-line command

4. Installing a new drive killed off sound

5. csplit problem

6. Building "Linux" from sources?

7. csplit

8. Re. Mail & News on RS/6000