gnu readline on Solaris 2.2

Post by Roman Bednar » Fri, 01 Jul 1994 23:51:10

        Hi.
I have problems in running gnu readline version 1.1 on my solaris 2.2.
Compilation with gcc v2.4 gives no errors. But after running a demo program
readline I have to look at a message : Segmentation fault (core dumped) after
a prompt.
        Could someone help me with running that program?
                                        roman

1. GNU readline 2.0 doesn't compile on Solaris 2.4

I tried to rebuild GNU's readline on Solaris 2.4 after the system people
ripped off SunOS and it doesn't work.  The version on prep.ai.mit.edu
doesn't compile, configure complaing about install.sh not there.  I put
one in and then the whole configure stuff doesn't seem to be programmed
properly.  It still tries to include <strings.h> in spite of configure
having defined HAVE_STRING_H etc.  I tried to hack my way through but
the executable eventually dies with segmentation violation.  I used
Sun's cc for this.

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks,
Michael
--
Michael Lemke
Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge UK

2. Can't connect to different IP port

3. (Q) sun.cf file for Solaris 2.2 and gnu C?

4. apparent ftp connection as root

5. GNU libg++ for Solaris 2.2

6. How can I see other computers over TCP/IP?

7. GNU readline: make show-all-if-ambiguous the default ???

8. seeking advice on laptop purchase

9. GNU readline problem

10. GNU readline

11. GNU Readline library linking problems

12. DBX error with GNU readline

13. readline-2.0 from GNU