nfsstat -m for checking timeo

Post by blackdo » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:15:05

I have mounting as below, on client side, I issue the
command nfsstat -m, the timeo=650

/apps/commapps_sol from uxsun12-20:/eng/commapps_sol
 Flags:
vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=650

I would like to change the timeo to 10, where should I change?
Thansk

nfsstat -m for checking timeo

Post by Jamie Beverl » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:20:13

Like everything else displayed in that output of nfsstat, timeo is a mount
option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount comment line

i.e.
mount -F nfs -o
vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,
symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=10
 server:/export/dir /mountpoint

(all one line of course)

> I have mounting as below, on client side, I issue the
> command nfsstat -m, the timeo=650

> /apps/commapps_sol from uxsun12-20:/eng/commapps_sol
>  Flags:
> vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,rsize=32768,
> wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=650

> I would like to change the timeo to 10, where should I change?
> Thansk

nfsstat -m for checking timeo

Post by blackdo » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:01:41

I have NetApps as filer, and a sun solaris 8 as NIS server.
I could not find mount set up configuretation on NIS server
/etc/auto_master or
/var/yp/src area.
Any Idea? Appreciate your help.
Thanks

> It could be in NIS, if the mount in question is a automount, in which case a
> ypcat auto_master would indicate which map contained the mount.
> you can also check your local /etc/auto_master, and see if it's there.

> however the resource was mounted will be the location of the mount options
> used to mount it. i.e. if you typed mount -a, or perhaps
> mount /apps/commapps_sol, then it was mounted from /etc/vfstab. If it was
> mounted on the command line, then the mount options were specified at that
> time. If mounted via automount, then the options would be specified in the
> automount map, (which could be in nis, nis+, ldap, /etc/auto_*, etc)

> an example auto_master map might look like this:

> /apps   auto_apps       -retry=2

> and the auto_apps map might look like this

> commapps_sol    -timeo=650,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
> somehost:/export/apps_sol

> or, your vfstab may look like this

> somehost:/apps_sol         -                       /apps/commapps_sol
> nfs     -       yes     timeo=650,hard

> you should bare in mind that many of those values are default values, and
> may not be explicitely defined anywhere.

> >> Like everything else displayed in that output of nfsstat, timeo is a
> >> mount option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount
> >> comment line

> >> i.e.
> >> mount -F nfs -o
> >> vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,
> >> symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=10
> >>  server:/export/dir /mountpoint

> >> (all one line of course)

> > Is the configuration set up is on NIS server?
> > I could not find the configuration at client side.
> > I have checked vfstab or auto.master.

> > mount -F nfs -o
> > vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,-intr,link,
> > symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=3276-8,retrans=5,timeo=10
> >  server:/export/dir /mountpoint

1. nfsstat?

Can anyone point me to where I can get source code or binaries
for nfsstat? I run on RH5.2 on Intel and Alpha (pc164LX & miata.)
I've been unable to locate the code in the newsgroup archives or
through search engines.

Thanks!

Tim Riehle
University of Minnesota

2. historical question, -R

3. nfsstat for linux?

4. Parition Magic 4.01 obliterated my ext2 partition

5. NFS Ver. 3 Statistics from a C program (like nfsstat does)

6. A Mattel Toy Digital Camera vs. Linux [Was: My own mother!!!]

7. nfsstat for LINUX???

8. patch for solaris 8

9. NFS and nfsstat ...

10. nfsstat equivalent for linux?