gcc compiler problem on Solaris 7

Post by NEWS » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

Iam currently trying to install (Ghostscript) GS 6.01 on Solaris 7, and I
have
some problems, and I was hoping maybe noe of you could help me a little bit.

I have fetched botht the source and the jpeg,zlib and libpng files, and
I have a structure like this:

gs6.01/Makefile
gs6.01/bin
gs6.01/doc
gs6.01/examples
gs6.01/jpeg   (copied in and renamed from jpeg-6b...)
gs6.01/lib
gs6.01/libpng  (copied in and renamed from libpng-xx)
gs6.01/man
gs6.01/obj
gs6.01/src
gs6.01/zlib   (copied in and renamed from zlib-xxx)

the Makefile is a copy of the unix-gcc.mak-file, as I want to use gcc.

Running 'make' gives me:
----
gcc `cat ./obj/cc.tr` -I./src -o ./obj/genconf ./src/genconf.c
ld: fatal: ld.so.1: /usr/ccs/bin/ld: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/libld.so.2: symbol dbg_mask: referenced symbol not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `obj/genconf'
----

Any idea of why this happens?
This ld thing seems to be a problem, but I am not very familiar with it..

Would be very nice if you could help!

Best regards,

Peder Godvik

1. Solaris 10 -- Where to get gcc (or other compiler) built on Solaris 10?

I'm trying to compile apache on Solaris 10 and been unable to do so --
I keep getting Pthread.h parse errors during make. Since i'm using the
SunFreeware Solaris 9 gcc 3.3.2 package on it, I think the problem is
that compiler is linked against Solaris 9 specific libraries, headers,
etc and won't work on Solaris 10. I tried compiling gcc 3.3.3 on it
using this compiler (my only option) which of course failed.

I need to know where I can get a compiler for Solaris 10. Is there
anyone out there that can help me?

JF
St. Louis, MO

2. Seeking cheap PCI soundcard supported by Linux

3. gcc compiling problem: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

4. Partition/BootManager problem

5. install cc/gcc compiler on solaris 8

6. hardware details (registers, ...etc)

7. How to install gcc without a c Compiler on Solaris 2.5.1 ??

8. 2 wintel boxes through a rh 7.2 box

9. gcc compiler warning / error on Solaris 2.6

10. gcc compiler in solaris 7

11. Got Solaris (Both Sparc & Intel) - need C compiler - want GCC

12. Installing gcc-2.7.2 on solaris 2.5 without a compiler

13. GCC Compiler for Solaris x86