Solaris 8 x86 Textmode Resolution

Post by abert.. » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:30:38

Hello,

I've been trying to adjust the textmode resolution (everything after
bios) to a resoltuion my monitor can handle. The monitor doesn't
support the native textmode resolution.

Is there a way to force the textmode resolution to 640x480 or is this
done with the rows/columns settings.

I've tried setting the output-device under eeprom (and device config
assistant) to "screen:r640x480" but this has no effect. I've also tried
setting the rows/columns under stty.

I have done this before on my Gentoo box, by editing the grub boot cmd
to specify the Kernel boot with the vga=791 option.

Any help would be great.

1. How do I set screen resolution in Solaris x86??

Hi,
        I installed Solaris x86 (version 8) on a PC. On a previous failed
attempt at this, I spotted the fact the configuration was not going to
make best use of my monitor, so I configured the screen during

However, I forgot this when I installed it again, so now my screen is

resolution - the graphics card is quite a reasonable one. I've
certainly had it running at 1600x1200 under Solaris 8 before, but
don't know how to set it manually.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,

2. tcpip autostart

3. Solaris/X86, Changing Screen Resolution

4. UUdecode - Correction

5. name resolution on solaris 7 x86

6. NFS setup

7. Solaris 2.6 x86 - setting video resolution???

8. leafnode filterfile

9. changing the screen resolution of solaris x86

10. Evaluation pointers: x86-Solaris vs x86-NT vs SPARC-Solaris

11. Solaris x86 or not to Solaris x86?

12. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

13. Solaris x86 should use HLT instruction / was: Re: solaris x86 7 as guest?