Sol8 full Entire OEM install didn't install sccs & make.

Sol8 full Entire OEM install didn't install sccs & make.

Post by jgile » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I installed Solaris 8 entire OEM for the first time.
The first cd installed fine but it failed on installing a
package from the second cd. I didn't write down that package
name it failed on but it was in the beginning of the second cd.
So the os installed and everything is running but I'm missing
some key programs, sccs and make. I seem to be missing all the
/usr/ccs/bin binaries.
I thought these would be in the SUNWarc package but the binaries
weren't there after installing SUNWarc.
Can anyone tell me what package(s) I need to install to get sccs
and make.
I'm running Sol8 on an Ultra 5.

jgiles

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by John Doher » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me what package(s) I need to install to get sccs
> and make.

/usr/ccs/bin/make and /usr/ccs/bin/sccs are in SUNWsprot.

/usr/xpg4/bin/make and /usr/xpg4/bin/sccs are in SUNWxcu4t.

--

Sol8 full Entire OEM install didn't install sccs & make.

Post by jgile » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thank you much... SUNWsprot worked great.

jgiles

> > Can anyone tell me what package(s) I need to install to get sccs
> > and make.

> /usr/ccs/bin/make and /usr/ccs/bin/sccs are in SUNWsprot.

> /usr/xpg4/bin/make and /usr/xpg4/bin/sccs are in SUNWxcu4t.

> --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. How to find out whether a system is installed as enduser, core , full os + oem support

Hi,

May be i am lazy  aroundto dig this out . ...

/etc/release gives the solaris version and the hardware ie 5/98 etc etc..

on a running system how do i find out what kind of OS module has been installed

ie  : End user support

2.) developer support
3.) full o/s  or full os + oem support

Thanks
/v

Venkat D ..............................       Sun Solaris Admin ..

Passing through the Solar System .. Gald you are too .....:-)

2. Patch 108993-26 buggy?

3. upgrade from core to full oem install solaris8

4. Taylor UUCP & 50Kb

5. can't install linux- cd didn't come with driver for cd-rom

6. agpgart fails to load in 2.4.20-pre10-ac1

7. Making a initrd bootdisk for full HD install

8. Adaptec 1542B Jumper Settings

9. Linuxconf didn't get installed with 7.1

10. Linuxconf didn't get installed with 7.1 installation

11. java/47597: jdk13 in ports collection didn't compiles if cdparanoia installed

12. YGGDRASIL fall edition - the install that didn't

13. Redhat 5.2 didn't install /usr/include/asm???