format, copy files to floppy, make it PC file system

format, copy files to floppy, make it PC file system

Post by joao coel » Fri, 30 May 2003 09:02:53

I am trying to rewrite some code originally written for unixware which
uses dosformat, doscp, etc... I started using the volume manager, but
i read somewhere that volume manager has plenty of bugs and one should
rather stay away from it.  Without volume manager which commands
should i use to perform my tasks.  mount, format, mkfs_pcfs, rmformat
or what?  Help the confused. Thanks.

1. copy umsdos file system to ext2 file system

I have a fully opperational linux file system on a dos partition installed as a umsdos
system and would like to copy it to a linux ext2 partition. Is this possible?
I am using loadlin to load linux, I do not want to use lilo.
This is my present partition table:

/dev/hdb5  6   dos 16-bit >=32M    slackware 96
/dev/hdb6  83  Linux native        redhat 4.1
/dev/hdb7  83  Linux native        empty ext2 500meg partition

Linux on hdb5 is running perfectly and I have almost 300Megs on it and I don't want
to load it from scratch.

Thaanks in advance,

2. voce quer ganhar dinheiro...

3. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

4. Help! Make linux an Xterm for work computer

5. copying files from unix to dos system in dos readable format

6. Acard SCSI

7. Making a Boot Floppy and Fixing the Root File System

8. NFS annoyances

9. Install UMSDS w/out floppy -- copy file system?

10. Copy data files file AIX to PC.

11. UNIX... copying file to floppy drive on very old system

12. Copying files across file systems

13. to copy file from remote file system