solaris 8beta goodies ??

Post by ken feli » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Have anybody  who have solaris8 beta care to comment if sun icluded
support for GRE encapsulation and multicast routing ?

solaris 8beta goodies ??

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>Have anybody  who have solaris8 beta care to comment if sun icluded
>support for GRE encapsulation and multicast routing ?

There's still no mrouted in Solaris 8; but the kernel has supported
everything needed to run mrouted since Solaris 2.6.

You can get mrouted for free.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. ANN: HawkVoiceDI 0.8beta

This is major release!

HawkVoiceDI (HawkVoice Direct Interface or HVDI) is the low level packet
encoding/decoding/encrypting/utility code from HawkVoice packaged as a separate
library. It is released under the GNU Library General Public License (LGPL).

HVDI is a fully functional library for those developers that already have
networking code in their application, and just need help to create voice packets
to send/receive. HVDI has everything you need to encode, decode, and optionally
encrypt voice packets. Codecs include u-law (64 Kbps), Intel/DVI ADPCM (32
Kbps), GSM (13.2 Kbps), CELP (4.8, 3.0, and 2.3 Kbps), LPC (4.8 Kbps), LPC10
(2.4 Kbps), and OpenLPC (1.4 and 1.8 Kbps). HVDI in written in ANSI C for
portability.

New for version 0.8 beta:

Added CELP codec
The API has been extensively modified to make it more object oriented
Added hvdiHint to adjust the encoding performance/quality
Increased the max potential codecs from 7 to 127

Go to the HawkVoice page at http://www.hawksoft.com/hawkvoice/ for the latest
information, and http://www.hawksoft.com/download/ to download the full source
code.

Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Lead Developer, Hawk Software
http://www.hawksoft.com

2. Help! SS10 rebooting after panic: recursive mutex_enter

3. BLISS Archive of CGI and Java goodies

4. Help with iptables logging

5. web page goodies

6. Probably a silly upgrade question

7. X, DRI, Xinerama, and other linux goodies

8. Anybody running w/ AMD K6 stepping B 2.6.2 bug?

9. BLISS Archive of CGI and Java goodies

10. finger goodies?

11. new kconfig goodies