Filters under 2.5

Post by Martyn Rober » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

Having a problem getting print filters going on 2.5

The Sun supplied documentation seems a little hard to follow on how to create
a BSD style lpd/r queue and set up 'if' and 'of' filters.
Can anyone supply any direct help or a pointer as to how to get this done.
The print admin tool is not useful in this task and the doco 'paper and man'
doesn't help a great deal.
Would prefer e-mail however I'll keep a good look out on this list.
If I get much private response I'll sort and post it up to this group.

Cheers,
Martyn

1. Perl print filters on Solaris 2.5

Celeste> I called Sun on my very expensive gold contract.  They left a message on
Celeste> my voice mail telling me to read the answerbook, which gives very little
Celeste> info and no examples.  Then they closed the support request. Arrrggghhh!

And people want *this kind* of *commercial* support for *perl*?

You must be joking. :-)

Web: <A HREF="http://www.teleport.com/~merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me

2. file system full

3. Print filters, Ghostscript and Solaris 2.5

4. Adaptec 1510 SCSI Adapter

5. printing labels on solaris 2.5 with filters?

6. Motherboard compatibility..

7. Intelligent filter for printing under Solaris 2.5 ?

8. Trying a S3 Savage IX on a Tinkpad T21...

9. Solaris 2.5 Printer Filter?

10. Print filters and Solaris 2.5

11. Filters, Filters, where are you Filters...

12. nbd driver for 2.5+: fix for 2.5 block layer (improved)

13. how to install solaris 2.5 x86 to 2.5 gig WD HD