PLP printer spooler - working in Sol7?

Post by Michal Szymans » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for somebody having a PLP printer spooler working
in Solaris 7. I have compiled plp v. 4.0.3, but "lpd" refuses to
work saying:

 lpd: bind to internet socket failed: Address already in use

I've found doc/Solaris-and-pmadm file in PLP distribution which
seems to cover exactly this problem. The solution proposed is to
"remove the lpd listener from pmadm".

Unfortunately, "pmadm -l" on my machine does not show any
"lpd" or "lp" entries which were supposed to be removed.

any hints would be appreciated

regards, Michal.

--

  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND

PLP printer spooler - working in Sol7?

Post by Remy VINCEN » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Now with Solaris 7 , you must disable the print protocol adaptor before
using
another lpd. Solaris 7 reserves the port number 515 for BSD lpd
listener. This is the reason
why you have address already in use when you launch your lpd.

In the file /etc/inetd.conf comments the following line :
 printer         stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/lib/print/in.lpd
in.lpd

Then send to the inetd process a SIGHUP.

Now you can relaunch your lpd.

Regards.

> Hi,

> I'm looking for somebody having a PLP printer spooler working
> in Solaris 7. I have compiled plp v. 4.0.3, but "lpd" refuses to
> work saying:

>  lpd: bind to internet socket failed: Address already in use

> I've found doc/Solaris-and-pmadm file in PLP distribution which
> seems to cover exactly this problem. The solution proposed is to
> "remove the lpd listener from pmadm".

> Unfortunately, "pmadm -l" on my machine does not show any
> "lpd" or "lp" entries which were supposed to be removed.

> any hints would be appreciated

> regards, Michal.

> --

>   Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download