snmp for solaris 2.5.1

Post by Steve Mu » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi All...

Can someone tell me where to get snmp for solaris 2.5.1 and / or 2.6

Thanks

Steve

snmp for solaris 2.5.1

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi All...

>Can someone tell me where to get snmp for solaris 2.5.1 and / or 2.6

2.6 includes Sun's own. It can be downloaded from www.sun.com
for 2.5[.1] - search for SEA (Solstice Enterprise Agents?)

For publically available source snmp implementations, there
are the CMU and UCD implementations, which people seem to find
easier to interface to than Sun's.

Anyone know when Sun's will start supporting RFC2257 (AgentX)
for sub-agent attachment?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

1. Install and configure SNMP on Solaris 2.5.1

I am looking for a resource that would explain how to install and configure
SNMP on Solaris 2.5.1. The Asnwer book from Solaris suggests the Solstice
SyMON Users Guide. While I have Solstice, I didn't seem to have the SyMON
Users Guide. I checked Sun's docs web site; but everything seems to talk
about Enterprise systems of which my computer is not of that family. I need
to find out how to install and/or configure the SNMP on my server. Many
Thanks to all that respond.

Earl Jackson

2. Prgrm for 2/4 col txt printing on HP4/PCL printer?

3. How to enable SNMP in Solaris 2.5.1

4. X11 with Trident?

5. SNMP on Solaris 2.4

6. Sun X display for Linux - 16bpp possible?

7. SNMP on Solaris 7

8. Installing SLS from DOS harddrive instead of floppies

9. SNMP on Solaris 2.4???

10. Wanted: PD snmp agent solaris 2.3 source, binaries??

11. snmp on solaris

12. Enabling SNMP on Solaris 2.4/2.5?

13. SNMP For Solaris