WABI 2.2 and LaserJet 5Si/MX

Post by Evgeny Mirono » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have installed Solaris 2.5.1 with CDE and WABI 2.2
and HP LaserJet 5Si/MX connected to the Ethernet network.

Unfortunately LaserJet III driver (supplied with WABI) does not
work properly for 5Si/MX.

Where can I find driver for 5Si/MX which will work with WABI?
(There are various software on HP's CDROM but I can't install
them in WABI).

--EM

WABI 2.2 and LaserJet 5Si/MX

Post by Robert L. Lamoth » Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I have installed Solaris 2.5.1 with CDE and WABI 2.2
> and HP LaserJet 5Si/MX connected to the Ethernet network.

> Unfortunately LaserJet III driver (supplied with WABI) does not
> work properly for 5Si/MX.

> Where can I find driver for 5Si/MX which will work with WABI?
> (There are various software on HP's CDROM but I can't install
> them in WABI).

> --EM

        I'm assuming you have a JetDirect card in the HP printer, if
so then you should really be using JetAdmin from HP to adminstrate
your printer spools, this sets up the proper filters needed for HP
printers and uses the proper protocol to transmit jobs.  On your
Wabi system you can then use the drivers for an Apple PS printer,
this is what I do and it works beautifully.

                                        -Bob
--
* Robert L. Lamothe | TCP/IP Network Engineer and Unix Consultant     *
*                   |                                                 *

1. Printing to HP Laserjet 5SI/MX

Have a look at the model-script located in
/etc/lp/interfaces/model.orig.

We decided to install a separate printer-queue for every paper-bin.
The selection of the appropriate bin is done by setting the mediasrc
and paper variables in the model-script.
This also should be possible by providing the correct options (lp -o )
to the print command, but up to now I didn't try out.

Dr. Seufert Computer GmbH               phone +49 721 6201 166
An der Rossweid 5                       fax   +49 721 6201 190
76229 Karlsruhe
Germany

2. getting jrun to work on solaris with Apache

3. Printing on HP LaserJet 5Si MX, duplex

4. CDE Question

5. Changing printer options (HP 5Si MX)???

6. MkLinux PCI ver.

7. HP 5si mx prints to Tray 3 instead of Tray 2

8. Signal 11 when compiling Kernel

9. 5SI MX prints on 11x17 paper

10. printcap entries for special options on HP 5SI/MX printer?

11. Need help to set up HP 5Si MX printer

12. 5SI MX with Linux

13. Duplex (Double page) printing on a HP 5Si MX