Xmodem software? (what!?!?!?!?)

Post by Jim Balso » Sat, 14 Feb 2004 03:36:08

        Of all things to need circa 2004, I find I need the old xmodem
software. The old file transfer software that was originally developed circa
1977.

        I have a PBX that I am programming using tip(1) on Solaris and to save
the programming information to te hard dhrive, the PBX will only support
the xmodem protocol for file transfer.

        Funny (sad?) thing is, I used to have [xyz]modem software and used it
frequently until around what, 7-8, 9 years ago? I deleted the source
distribution from all of my hard drives around that time as well, thinking
I'd never need the stuff again. And I don't have any backups from that
time period either. I was mostly right, in that I'd never need it again,
until today. I did a google search but only found references to xmoden
in places like "computer terminology" and places like that, etc.

        Anyone know where I could find this precious piece of software today
for UNIX? Without it, I might be forced to do this on Windows. I don't want
to go there.

        I did try source forge but only found gcomm which says it doesn't
yet support xmodem. At this point, I'm not sure it ever will ...

        Any help apprecieated.

Thanks, Jim

--
---
Jim

Xmodem software? (what!?!?!?!?)

Post by Michael Gernot » Sat, 14 Feb 2004 05:35:10

>    I did try source forge but only found gcomm which says it doesn't
> yet support xmodem. At this point, I'm not sure it ever will ...

This should help:
http://www.ohse.de/uwe/software/lrzsz.html
lrzsz: free x/y/zmodem implementation

Regards,
  Michael

Xmodem software? (what!?!?!?!?)

Post by Jay Lesse » Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:48:41

>    Anyone know where I could find this precious piece of software today
> for UNIX? Without it, I might be forced to do this on Windows. I don't want
> to go there.

Did you try Googling for "xmodem source"?  :-)

In the top 10, I found (as always) Celeste Stokely's site:

http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/terminals.em.x.html

-Jay-

1. Xmodem software HP-UX vs SCO

I want to communicate via xmodem-software from a HP-UX machine to a
SCO-machine. However the software that we now have is not compatible.

Is there someone who has the expertise and/or the right software?

Many thanks.

ACDIS Information Services B.V.
Wassenaarseweg 220
2596 EC   Den Haag
==========================

Luc A.M. Meijer

2. how to do multiple quotes

3. Xmodem/Zmodem software

4. AIX NIS clients on different subnets

5. xmodem,ymodem software request

6. HELP: DHCPD not updating DDNS

7. fix for HUGE SECURITY HOLE in syslog?

8. xmodem for 3.2v4.2

9. Xmodem problem

10. Help!!. xmodem

11. Xmodem package for UNIXs