Creating shared libs under Solaris 2.4 x86?

Creating shared libs under Solaris 2.4 x86?

Post by Bogdan Ur » Sun, 11 Jun 1995 04:00:00

  What is the correct, or best way to create a shared .so library under
Solaris 2.4 x86? I'm using gcc and all the Sun utils (ar, ld ,etc.). What
other options do I need to pass to gcc, besides -fpic when compiling
the .c files?

  Also is

   'ld -o libXX.so.z.y~ -G -z text -h libXX.so.z.y files.o'

enought to create the shared lib??

  I ask because I did the above and I keep getting core dumps when running
any programs compiled with the newly created shared lib.

Thanks,
Bogdan
Bogdan Urma
The Xandau Corporation