Ultra 2 ethernet interface

Post by STAR LAN Terminal Use » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am setting up a Sun Ultra 2 Creator 3D on a small subnet of our
company intranet.  My Sun experience is mostly on a SPARCserver1000
with an ethernet interface "le0".  What I need to know is if the
Ultra 2 has a different identifier for the ethernet interface.
None of the documentation I have available talks about this subject.
I installed what appears to be the device driver for the Fastethernet
device from the Solaris 2.5.1 CD.  Still, the ifconfig command returns
an error that there is no such interface when I use "le0".  Is there
a new identifier for it on the Ultra 2s?

Thanks for any help,
Bill P.

Ultra 2 ethernet interface

Post by John Kotche » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am setting up a Sun Ultra 2 Creator 3D on a small subnet of our
> company intranet.  My Sun experience is mostly on a SPARCserver1000
> with an ethernet interface "le0".  What I need to know is if the
> Ultra 2 has a different identifier for the ethernet interface.
> None of the documentation I have available talks about this subject.
> I installed what appears to be the device driver for the Fastethernet
> device from the Solaris 2.5.1 CD.  Still, the ifconfig command returns
> an error that there is no such interface when I use "le0".  Is there
> a new identifier for it on the Ultra 2s?

Yep.  The integrated 10/100 port on the Ultra 2 is hme0.

Quote:

--
Please remove the leading _ for replies.

I don't speak for IBM.  I just work for them.

Ultra 2 ethernet interface

Post by Chu Wai Ke » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> Yep.  The integrated 10/100 port on the Ultra 2 is hme0.

You might want to add some of the settings below to improve or to set your
fast ethernet card. Put it into one of your startup rc2.d files.

# 100 Mbps optimization (TCP and UDP drivers are not writen for a 100 Mps)
# see SunFastEthernet Adapter 2.0 and Users's Guide (ref 802-6022-10)
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_xmit_hiwat 65535
# default tcp_xmit_hiwat 8192
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_recv_hiwat 65535
# default tcp_recv_hiwat 8192
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_cwnd_max   65534
# default tcp_cwnd_max 65535

# set to 100 Mbps / full duplex / no negotiation
ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100fdx_cap   1
ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100hdx_cap  0
ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10fdx_cap     0
ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10hdx_cap    0
ndd -set /dev/hme adv_autoneg_cap  0

Regards,
Chu
Nasionet Network Admin

1. Bridging ethernet interface through wlan interface in linux

I am wondering how to bridge eth iface over wlan iface, associated to
a managed-mode AP without mangling source MAC.

It's my understanding that a managed mode ap will reject frames with a
source mac other than one who is associated, hence all downstream
clients from the bridge won't get their traffic through successfully.

I cannot find any definitive answers but I'd like to achieve this with
ubuntu linux karmic on a notebook computer, associated to my ap at
home, to bridge onto the wired interface for downstream clients
(namely my blueray player, television, and home theater pc).

Has anyone successfully done this? Does it require a mangle rule to
mash up and impersonate the wlan iface's mac (associated) to work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. The future of sound on Linux: ALSA or OSS?

3. Build Route between PPP Interface/Ethernet Interface

4. LILO won't install on IDE

5. serial interface to ethernet interface

6. core installation without jumpstart

7. the ethernet interface down or failure can be automatically detectable by the ethernet driver

8. Enhanced IDE kernel support

9. cases of Ultra 30, Ultra 60 and Ultra 450 and PC components

10. Ultra ATA/66 Hard Drive Interface w/Linux

11. What's Ultra 10 NIC interface called?

12. Ultra ethernet & Sony CD in kernel 1.1.75

13. Please help! --> connect ULTRA to ethernet