pthread_create doesn't work on Solaris 2.6

pthread_create doesn't work on Solaris 2.6

Post by Zixiong WAN » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

When installing OpenLdap, the configure script detects a problem of
pthread_create(), which returns always -1. Configure says that pthread.h and
pthread_create() are not compatible.

Here is the small test program:

#include <pthread.h>

#ifndef NULL
#define NULL (void*)0
#endif

static void *task(p)
     void *p;
{
    return (void *) (p == NULL);

Quote:}

int main(argc, argv)
    int argc;
    char **argv;
{
    pthread_t t;
    exit(pthread_create(&t, NULL, task, NULL));

Quote:}

Any idea ?

1. Nohup doesn't work as I need with ksh on Solaris 2.6

Hi,

I can't get nohup to work as I want. ksh is my login shell.
Basically, I have a shell script, having this first line :
#!/bin/ksh

This script does a few things, then ultimately starts a binary program
which I want to run permanently. Trying to achieve this goal, I did
the following sort of things in the script :
trap "" HUP
nohup mybinary

I also type the trap instruction in the interactive shell, and launch
the shell script with a nohup command.
Unfortunately, my job is killed if I exit the shell (after the usual
warning about running jobs).

I am puzzled. Could you help me please ?

2. configuration options - modem

3. New install of Solaris 2.6 and ethernet doesn't appear to work

4. Linux + Quota's What vers??

5. Dual Boot Solaris 2.6 and Win 95...doesn't seem to work

6. Kernel Panic:VFS: 03:42

7. Netscape Collabra 3.01 on Solaris 2.6 doesn't work

8. Is it possible to resize taskbar

9. Maxclients 512 doesn't work (Apache/Solaris 2.6)

10. ATI Xpert@play/AGP on x86 Solaris 2.6 doesn't work

11. pldd doesn't always work on Solaris 2.6?

12. IE4 on Solaris 2.6...works/doesn't

13. mgetty + pppd doesn't work on Solaris 2.6 x86??