dtlogin service refuses to start on solaris 8 (libsmartcard.so.1)

dtlogin service refuses to start on solaris 8 (libsmartcard.so.1)

Post by karim sob » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:08:33

i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
start and gives this error

#./dtlogin -daemon
ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

    what can i do?

karim

Post by Jason Saslo » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:31:37

> i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
> start and gives this error

> #./dtlogin -daemon
> ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed

>     what can i do?

Check to make sure that /usr/lib is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable.

--
Please note: If you would like to respond to me, don't use my "From" or
"Reply-to" address as it is used as a spam filter. You can contact me

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:39:11

|> i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
|> start and gives this error
|>
|> #./dtlogin -daemon
|> ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
|> directory
|> Killed
|>
|>     what can i do?
|
|Check to make sure that /usr/lib is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
|variable.

root should not have an LD_LIBRARY_PATH set that affects daemons started
out of /etc/rc*d

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:40:23

|i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
|start and gives this error
|
|#./dtlogin -daemon
|ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
|directory
|Killed

Is the SUNWocf package installed on that machine?  If not, install it.

Post by Jason Saslo » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:52:34

> |> i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
> |> start and gives this error
> |>
> |> #./dtlogin -daemon
> |> ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
> |> directory
> |> Killed
> |>
> |>     what can i do?
> |
> |Check to make sure that /usr/lib is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
> |variable.

> root should not have an LD_LIBRARY_PATH set that affects daemons started
> out of /etc/rc*d

Good point, though the example above isn't exactly running out of
/etc/rc*d...

--

Post by Casper H.S. Di » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:52:54

>i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
>start and gives this error
>#./dtlogin -daemon
>ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
>directory
>Killed

Install the SUNWocf package?

Casper

Post by karim sob » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 20:09:34

> |i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
> |start and gives this error
> |
> |#./dtlogin -daemon
> |ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
> |directory
> |Killed

> Is the SUNWocf package installed on that machine?  If not, install it.

it's not installed, but i don't use smartcards and i don't want to use
them, so do i have to install it anyway?

karim

Post by Casper H.S. Di » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 20:49:42

>> |i have a netra machine running solaris 8. the dtlogin service refuses to
>> |start and gives this error
>> |
>> |#./dtlogin -daemon
>> |ld.so.1: ./dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No such file or
>> |directory
>> |Killed

>> Is the SUNWocf package installed on that machine?  If not, install it.
>it's not installed, but i don't use smartcards and i don't want to use
>them, so do i have to install it anyway?

Yes, because dtlogin requires it.

If you removed SUNWocf or didn't install it, you must have ignored
the warning about SUNWdtdte requiring it.

(I checked and in the Solaris 8 systems around here SUNWocf is listed as
a dependency for SUNWdtdte)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

Post by karim sob » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 23:44:13

> >> Is the SUNWocf package installed on that machine?  If not, install it.

> >it's not installed, but i don't use smartcards and i don't want to use
> >them, so do i have to install it anyway?

> Yes, because dtlogin requires it.

> If you removed SUNWocf or didn't install it, you must have ignored
> the warning about SUNWdtdte requiring it.

> (I checked and in the Solaris 8 systems around here SUNWocf is listed as
> a dependency for SUNWdtdte)

> Casper

thanks :)) i installed the package and now openwindows works, but CDE
doesn't! sometimes it runs and shows only the help viewer and the
performance meter (no desktop, menus...nothing! and sometimes it just
doesn't work giving the error message described in another message i
posted today with subject

"The DT messaging system could not be started"...

any ideas?

karim

Post by Casper H.S. Di » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 01:01:28

>thanks :)) i installed the package and now openwindows works, but CDE
>doesn't! sometimes it runs and shows only the help viewer and the
>performance meter (no desktop, menus...nothing! and sometimes it just
>doesn't work giving the error message described in another message i
>posted today with subject
>"The DT messaging system could not be started"...

Check whether the tooltalk stuff runs (ttsession and such)

Check your error logs (/var/dt/Xerrors ~/.dt/*log*)

Post by Thomas Deh » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:04:27

> > >it's not installed, but i don't use smartcards and i don't want to use
> > >them, so do i have to install it anyway?

> > Yes, because dtlogin requires it.

> > If you removed SUNWocf or didn't install it, you must have ignored
> > the warning about SUNWdtdte requiring it.

> > (I checked and in the Solaris 8 systems around here SUNWocf is listed as
> > a dependency for SUNWdtdte)

> > Casper

> thanks :)) i installed the package and now openwindows works, but CDE
> doesn't! sometimes it runs and shows only the help viewer and the
> performance meter (no desktop, menus...nothing! and sometimes it just
> doesn't work giving the error message described in another message i
> posted today with subject

> "The DT messaging system could not be started"...

> any ideas?

It seems that dtwm is crashing because of a ToolTalk problem,
or possibly a dtsession problem.

Check /var/adm/messages, /var/dt/Xerrors, and $HOME/.dt/*log*

Thomas

dtlogin service refuses to start on solaris 8 (libsmartcard.so.1)

Post by karim sob » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:57:01

well, here i'm posting at last :))

    here is my "/var/log/Xerrors" entry:

Thu Feb 28 13:17:10 2002
error (pid 1443): OCFInit: OCF_WaitForCardInserted failed with return
code 33

    and here's my "~/.dt/errorlog" entry:

Thu Feb 28 13:17:12 2002
dtsession: Unable to start message server - exiting.

Thu Feb 28 13:17:12 2002
Workspace Manager: Invalid key specification on line 228 of
configuration file /usr/dt/config/C/sys.dtwmrc

    and here's the "~/.dt/startlog" entry:

--- Thu Feb 28 13:17:10 GMT 2002
--- /usr/dt/bin/Xsession starting...
--- Xsession started by dtlogin
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dtsession_res -load -system
--- sourcing /export/home/user1/.dtprofile...
--- sourcing /usr/dt/config/Xsession.d/0010.dtpaths...
--- sourcing /usr/dt/config/Xsession.d/0015.sun.env...
--- sourcing /usr/dt/config/Xsession.d/0020.dtims...
--- sourcing /usr/dt/config/Xsession.d/0030.dttmpdir...
--- sourcing /usr/dt/config/Xsession.d/0040.xmbind...
--- could not read /export/home/user1/.profile
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dthello &
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dtsearchpath
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dtappgather &
--- could not start /usr/dt/bin/ttsession
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dsdm &
--- session log file is /dev/null
--- DTSOURCEPROFILE is 'true' (see /export/home/user1/.dtprofile)
--- execing /usr/dt/bin/dtsession with a /bin/sh login shell ...
--- starting desktop on /dev/pts/2
-sh: NSHOME=/usr/netscape/server4: is not an identifier
/usr/dt/bin/Xsession[748]: 1501 Hangup
XIO:  fatal IO error 131 (Connection reset by peer) on X server
"karim:0.0"
      after 87 requests (87 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

    i hope these will show where the problem is.

karim

> > > Yes, because dtlogin requires it.

> > > If you removed SUNWocf or didn't install it, you must have ignored
> > > the warning about SUNWdtdte requiring it.

> > > (I checked and in the Solaris 8 systems around here SUNWocf is listed as
> > > a dependency for SUNWdtdte)

> > > Casper

> > thanks :)) i installed the package and now openwindows works, but CDE
> > doesn't! sometimes it runs and shows only the help viewer and the
> > performance meter (no desktop, menus...nothing! and sometimes it just
> > doesn't work giving the error message described in another message i
> > posted today with subject

> > "The DT messaging system could not be started"...

> > any ideas?

> It seems that dtwm is crashing because of a ToolTalk problem,
> or possibly a dtsession problem.

> Check /var/adm/messages, /var/dt/Xerrors, and $HOME/.dt/*log*

> Thomas

1. libsmartcard.so.1 error

When I try to run dtlogin to create a window session I keep getting the
following error:

ld.so.1: /usr/dt/bin/dtlogin: fatal: libsmartcard.so.1: open failed: No Such
File or directory

I assume I need to find a package with the relevant software but CD 1of 2
and 2 of 2
do not seem to contain this file. I have tried

find /cdrom -name \*libsmartcard\* -print

and it returns null on both CD's.

Any suggestions??

Ryan

2. Different backgrounds and other setttings for different workspaces (WindowMaker)

3. Cannot start nfs locking services: lockdsvc connection refused

4. USB Zip

5. Solaris 2.6 hangs on boot after RPC services appear to start

6. ANN: Linux-NTFS 1.4.0 released

7. Solaris 8: Problem start nfs services

8. copy & paste

9. stopping and starting ftp service on Solaris

10. Cannot start LP print service in Solaris x86

11. Please help, how do I start PCNFSD services on a Spac running Solaris 2.5?

12. waking dtlogin & dtlogin in zones

13. Manually starting a service on system start up.