replaced nis client -> had to reboot nis master?

replaced nis client -> had to reboot nis master?

Post by Stuart Marsha » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I recently replaced a sparc5 with an ultra1/140 using the same name
and ip address.  I had the new machine all set so the swap only took
about 5 minutes.  But the new machine appeared to hang at the ypbind
stage of booting.  I ended up rebooting the nis master and then rebooting
the client again.

Should I have expected this behavior -- and if so,  how do I restart
the nis master safely without rebooting?  I tried kill -1 on ypserv
and /etc/init.d/rpc??? stop/starts but it needed a reboot.

thanks,
Stuart

1. Would NIS+ master work with NIS+ & NIS Slave?????????

If anyone have try this combination please let me know if it work..

Here is my Question.  Again would it work if I have this combination:

One machine is NIS+ master server and the other is run NIS+ & NIS compatible mode as a slave for
NIS+ master server domain.

Any sugguestion will be appreciate

Thanks in advance

Yoom Nguyen

906-487-2355

2. fax

3. Solaris 2.5.1 NIS client with a RedHat Enterprise ES release 3 NIS master..

4. XWindows Not Doing Anything

5. Using linux NIS clients with Solaris 2 NIS masters.

6. Presario 5461/Sound/CD Burning

7. NIS+ master server convert to NIS client

8. MP3 ripper for Linux?

9. Linux NIS Master Solaris i386 NIS client?

10. Tru64 4.x NIS Clients and Linux NIS Master.

11. NIS clients do not like having NIS+ server

12. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc nis client

13. NIS+ : Can an HP be a NIS client to a Sun NIS+ server