ANNOUNCE: Backup.sh - Multiplatform Backup Utility...

ANNOUNCE: Backup.sh - Multiplatform Backup Utility...

Post by Darren Curt » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 07:09:39

For years I have watched people ask for a utility with the type of functionality
that backup.sh can provide. Until recently, I was unable to release backup.sh to
the Internet. It has been used at PNL and other DOE facilities for several years
in one form or another.

Backup.sh is a very portable bourne shell script is very well documented and
comes with a man page in nroff and HTML. I do not have access to an unrestricted
anonymous ftp server so for the time being the only way to get this software is
by accessing the following URL:

        http://shaq.pnl.gov:2080/

Please read the DISCLAIMER and the ACKNOWLEDGMENT carefully since this product
will in no way be supported by me or anyone at PNL. In other words, use at your
own risk.

Please let me know if this utility is useful to you and/or your company.

Enjoy,
| Name:     Darren Curtis        |  Disclaimer:  My opinion is my own!     |
| Company:  Battelle PNL         |  Theory:  If it is not broken then      |
| Phone:    (509) 375-2152       |           make it faster!               |

1. ANNOUNCE: Backup.sh - Multiplatform Backup Utility...

[...]

2. What to copy to a floppy for install disks?

3. NCR 53c810 SCSI controller and the new 'sym' driver

4. Backup utilities other than tar and system backup?

5. power down HDs

6. Solstice Backup and Enterprise Backup Utility

7. mail relay

8. ANNOUNCE: Linux Backup Utility (lbu) v 1.10

9. How do I mount a tape drive, and what program is best for multiplatform backup?

10. backup.sh

11. How to backup HA cluster using Solstice Backup?

12. TSM backup pool space allocation for DB2 incremental backups