ftp server config (newbie)

Post by ga.. » Sat, 26 May 2001 06:06:14

Hi all,
I have SunOS 5.6 with the built-in ftp server running. My question:
Is there any configuration option that enables me to limit the data
throughput (both upload/downloads)  to a preset value, e.g 5 KB/sec?

Thanks,

Gabe

ftp server config (newbie)

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Wed, 30 May 2001 23:28:58

> I have SunOS 5.6 with the built-in ftp server running. My question:
> Is there any configuration option that enables me to limit the data
> throughput (both upload/downloads)  to a preset value, e.g 5 KB/sec?

I don't think there's a way to do that. All data transfers are going to be
done at best speed, and bandwidth is going to be divided based on how fast the
remote end can receive data.

What specifically are you trying to achieve here? Perhaps it can be done some
other way, if you explain what you want a little more clearly.

ftp server config (newbie)

Post by William B. Cattel » Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:26:28

Get ProFTPD for Solaris.  It offers bandwidth-limiting as well as a ton
of other great features.  I'm running under Linux and getting ready to
put it in on Solaris (x86) as well.

Bill

--

http://members.home.com/wcattell
Park not thy Harley in the darkness of thine garage, that it

1. Newbie: security on newly mail server, web server & mysql, ftp

I am newbie in linux. I want to set up a mail server
including web server
which implement mysql, & ftp on Linux Red Hat 6.1. qmail is
already
installed as mail server, as well web server apache. I do
not install
X Windows, connection to telnet port 23 only open to
202.1.2.3/25
others are denied. FTp only open connection from IP
202.1.2.3/25.
Users have shell /bin/false, so they can not connect to port
23.
What others securities are need ?

Is it secure to open linuxconf (/etc/inetd.conf) ? I already
comment out
some services not needed in /etc/inetd.conf, any input ?
And how to allow 202.1.2.3/25 & denied others to put in
/etc/hosts.allow
or /etc/hosts.deny ? And how to limit FTP access only from
ip
202.1.2.3/25 ? Because it is built on a cheap computer and
only
our customers get access to our FTP server.

TIA

~yudi

2. Buslogic SCSI options -gt 1 Gig and partitioning

3. Help with ftp server config - 550: Permission Denied (Upload Dirs)

4. Compatibiliy of Sybase SQL server 11.0.2.1 with Solaris 2.6

5. How to config name server of ftp

6. system services

7. FTP server config question

8. how to grep one word from a line

9. Newbie question - cache server config

10. Newbie - FTP access through Linux Server

11. ftp server setup....newbie.....help required

12. FTP Server Newbie help

13. NEWBIE: Automatic FTP from one server to another