1. need help setting up dial-in and -out on same modem in SunOS 4.1
The hardware: Sun Sparcstation IPC running SunOS 4.1.1
Regular IPC serial port A in RS423 mode
Microcom QX/4232hs 9600 baud MNP10 modem
I'd like to use this modem for both dial-out and dial-in for tip,
uucp, etc. usage. I have dial-out working OK (speed adjusting OK, MNP
detecting OK, etc.), but upon dial-ins, the modem either doesn't answer
at all or doesn't speed match properly. Microcom Tech Support doesn't
have a clue about use with UNIX. I've done similar set-ups on SVR3
systems before, where everything is done differently...
Does anybody have the right combination of modem parms/commands,
/etc/remote entry, ttytab entry, /dev entries (cua0, ttyd0, ttya),
and whatever else it takes to get this to work? I've followed TFM
to what degree I can find things )-:
Any help appreciated; thanks in advance. Followups to
comp.unix.questions for want of a better idea...
At the time of Christ (A.D. 8), there were an estimated 6.338E29
Denneys weighing a cumulative 1.98E28 tons; lined up they were over
51 trillion light years long.
Source: the Denney Family News, Fall 1990, pp. 5
2. exec* problems under linux?
3. NIS,NIS+ on SunOS 4.1.x and Solaris 2.x
4. X Server trouble
5. NIS+ replica server on 4.1.x: does it finally work?
6. SunOS stack management...please help
7. need help setting up NIS on SunOS
8. What if swap size < RAM size on 5.0.4
9. SunOS 4.1.X NIS+ binary problems
10. SunOS 4.1.3C NIS/DNS problems
11. Password aging with NIS under SunOS 4.1.x
12. Problem with NIS group map on Sunos 4.1.x
13. SunOS 4.1 as NIS client