SunVideo demos, xil, rtvc etc on SS5 with Sol2.4 not working

SunVideo demos, xil, rtvc etc on SS5 with Sol2.4 not working

Post by Erik Bra » Wed, 21 Dec 1994 02:40:04

Hi,

Having used xil and friends succesfully for about 4 months using
sol.2.3 I've now bumped into trouble changing to 2.4

The /dev/rtvc0 and /dev/rtvcc10 are both there and linked to
/devices/ [lots and heaps of stuff]

Trying to use /opt/SUNWits/....../test/SunVideo resulted in an xil-lib
error:

Quote:>   XilDefaultErrorFunc:
>      error category: System
>        error string: Could not access input/output device
>            error id: di-150
>      primary error detected at location XilImage1722 in XIL
>   XilDefaultErrorFunc:
>      error category: System
>        error string: Could not create image
>            error id: di-147
>      secondary error detected at location XilSystemState228 in XIL
>   XilDefaultErrorFunc:
>      error category: System
>        error string: Could not access input/output device
>            error id: di-150
>      primary error detected at location XilImage1722 in XIL
>   XilDefaultErrorFunc:
>      error category: System

What did I NOT think of ?????

Any suggestions welcome...

/Erik Brage KTH - Stockholm

email:

1. Solaris2.3 SunVideo Help: rtvc attrs?

Hello,  I am working with a SunVideo camera on a Sparc10SX running Solaris2.3
and want to reset the frame rate from 30 frames per second to 15.  The program
"SunVideo" in the XIL examples directory is able to do that, but is provided
only as a binary.  None of the programs provided as source code examples
include function calls to reset the frame rate.

The Reference AnswerBook for XIL and the Man pages for the function
"xil_set_device_attribute" both point to the Programmer's Guide AnswerBook
("All of the attributes accessed through these functions are device dependent
and are described in the Solaris XIL 1.1 Imaging Library Programmer's Guide")
but I haven't been able to locate any specific information about the SunVideo
rtvc device and its attributes.

1. What is the attribute name which should be reset from 30 to 15?

2. Where is the "rtvc" card actaully documented?

3. Is there a more appropriate newsgroup I should take these
        questions to?
                                Thank you,
                                        Shawn Ewald

2. HP-UX Kernel structures

3. Want video files for SunVideo (XIL video Tool) ??????

4. ** Module problem **

5. SunVideo / XIL Question (Sol-2.4)

6. loopback address problem

7. DEMO ACCOUNT WON'T WORK, ETC...

8. export of sys_call_table

9. Problem upgrading to Sol2.4 from 2.3 on SS5

10. AudioTool freezes SS5/Sol2.4 for some seconds -- is there a fix?

11. telnet no longer works well after sol2.4 to sol2.5.1 upgrade

12. Moving a disk from Sol2.3 to Sol2.4 : will it work ?

13. external cdrom ss5 sol2.4