I'm getting very strange errors over serial on boot

I'm getting very strange errors over serial on boot

Post by Dan Ha » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 05:23:27

Well, not errors, actually -- it just seems the serial speed or
something is changing and messing up.

I can issue a break and everything is fine, configure anything, but as
soon as it boots and gets past initial checks, I get the following
garbage:

Executing last command: boot -s

SunOS Release 5.7 Version Generic_106541-12 64-bit [UNIX(R) System V
Release 4.]
Copyright (c) 1983-1999, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
configuring network interfaces: hme0.
                                     Hostname: cvs-2
                                                    The / file system
(/dev/rds.

        )

        )

        )

        6

        )

        6

Any ideas?  I'm clueless...

1. FreeBSD 4.2 won't boot - 'read error' on boot after install

Just installed FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.1 , installtion goes fine until it asks
to remove cdrom/floppies and reboot. Then before anything attempts to
load I get a read error when access the hard disk, then hangs there.

The machine is an old P133 ICL ErgoPro, but runs Windows 95/98 OK so I
know it will boot.

Any ideas???

TIA,
Ash

Remove .NOSPAM from my email address to reply

2. Appropriate group for Unix question and proxy servers

3. My drive gets filled because of strange error msgs in error.log

4. Parallell Port Support for SPARC/Linux 2.0.3

5. I am getting a few error lines on boot up that I can't identify.

6. Reconciling Format's output with the contents of /dev/rdsk

7. Boot issues (will Windows 95 boot from the 2nd drive withBootEasy???; strange error message with wd0)

8. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

9. Can't boot lilo, getting 'Press a Key to Reboot'

10. Sharing printer gets "Can't read 'ushareName'" error

11. strange 'SuSEfirewall check' error msg

12. strange error message when using 'rdist' from 5.0.5

13. Strange 'unable to read partition table of device 0300' error