jumpstart archive image root disk on different controller

jumpstart archive image root disk on different controller

Post by hmchku » Fri, 26 May 2006 23:20:03

Hi,

I create a flash archive image on a host that it's root disk is on
c1t0d0s0.

Now I found out that the new server I have to jumpstart, it's root
disk is on c0t0d0s0.

Now, on the profile, I have a line like "filesys  rootdisk.s0 1024 / "
So it jumpstarted ok..
But when the machine reboot, it's trying to mount from c1t0d0s0...from
/etc/vfstab...

Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!!!

Post by Bruce Porte » Sat, 27 May 2006 01:57:07

> Hi,

> I create a flash archive image on a host that it's root disk is on
> c1t0d0s0.

> Now I found out that the new server I have to jumpstart, it's root
> disk is on c0t0d0s0.

> Now, on the profile, I have a line like "filesys  rootdisk.s0 1024 / "
> So it jumpstarted ok..
> But when the machine reboot, it's trying to mount from c1t0d0s0...from
> /etc/vfstab...

I'll guess at Sol 8, or maybe an early Sol9 as this has been fixed.

Quote:> Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!!!

You need to have a script in your JumpStart set up to do the right stuff
after the flash has uninstaled and before the 1st reboot.

IIRC JET (JumpStart Enterprise Toolkit) already has the correct bits
http://www.sun.com/downloads

--
        Bruce

"The internet is a huge and diverse community and
not every one is friendly"
        http://www.ytc1.co.uk

1. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???

HI,

I'm just work in the academic lab which have 4 Linux servers. The
system administrator is gone whithou any information about how to deal
with the system crash or down.

We need to create some disk ( I mean floppy disk or the cD disk) in
case the system down.

I read the book about the Linux administartor. I'm confused that the
boot disk, root disk and emergency disk. What's they  different?

How can I create a boot disk in case the server is down, then I can
use the boot disk to boot the server.

What kind the disk should I prepare for the Liunx system if the system
is crashing or down?

Thank you very much

Jeff

2. Possible bug in 3.0 kernel

3. 'who am i' in AIX4 and in AIX5

4. Boot disk and Root disk images for the AHA 2940 W Ultra

5. Is this reasonable? Programming advice sought.

6. Need help: PANIC: Cannot find root disk controller after changing disks

7. last line of Virtual Console

8. jumpstart disk image upgrade.

9. Disk controller numbers reversed during Jumpstart???

10. Jumpstart - disk controller changes when 2.6 >>> 8

11. Can LILO boot images from different disks?

12. V440 - disks on different controllers?