Thanx! And read my requittal.

Post by jan » Thu, 26 May 1994 13:49:58

Thanks to all those who responded to the question about lp.
I still can't get it working although all diagnostic programs agree
that it's been configured correctly.
I'll probably switch to Bambi's (Bond University) line printer system
soon.

Anyway, have you noticed how confused gcc is when you give it a PD
package like tcsh, elm, make, etc. etc.? It always complains about
redefined symbols, parse errors, variables of unknown size, etc...
The reason is that the standard headers have been malformed.
I wonder if Sun has done it on purpose.
  Anyhow, the easiest fix that I came up with
is to add this define to CFLAGS: -D__STDC__=0.
  I know that it doesn't look right but it's better to change __STDC__
than to mess with _POSIX_C_SOURCE and the like. Not a single PD
application has put up resistance since. Signal handling also works
correctly.
--at EOF

Thanx! And read my requittal.

Post by William Gianopoulos {O » Fri, 27 May 1994 03:07:41

>  Anyhow, the easiest fix that I came up with
>is to add this define to CFLAGS: -D__STDC__=0.

Interesting that that is even allowed.  I thought that if __STDC__ was
equal to one, that the compiler complied with the ANSI C standard version 1,
and that this standard specified that you aren't supposed to be able to
override the definition of __STDC__.

--
William A. Gianopoulos; Raytheon Missile Systems Division