How to dual boot Windows XP and Solaris 7

1. Dual boot Debian and XP "boot failure" using XP boot loader

Hi
I've installed debian on 4 logical (at least that's what i've told
cfdisk to do) partitions (should be sda9 to sda12 ??; my HW config is
120GB hd on promise uata controller, dvd on ide0 master [so for linux:
hda], cd-rw on ide1 master [so hdc]) and created a boot floppy from
which i've extracted the bootsector and placed it on my fat16 boot
partition (sda0 ?? [will Linux see my promise ata as scsi??]). Then
i've added the line c:\bootsect.lnx="Debian Linux" to XPs boot.ini.

Now i get the message "boot failure" when i select Linux from the XP
boot menu.
I guess the Linux boot loader is looking for the boot image (vmlinuz
??)?
Where is it? Or better, how can i tell this to 'bootsect.lnx' ;-)

Booting from my rescue floppy still works fine, also booting XP!

Thanx

magicpio

2. OOPS/stunted boot, aic7xxx, 2.4.x

3. Dual boot XP / Linux wont boot into XP

4. Playing sound ?

5. How to dual boot Windows XP and Solaris 7

6. Modeline for SamSung SyncMAster 17Gli

7. Dual boot Windows XP & Solaris 9

8. IDE and SCSI together?

9. Newbie novice installed Grub on Redhat 7.3 with separate /boot partition, dual boot Windows XP

10. linux - windows xp pro - dual boot - boot.ini - bootsect.lnx failure

11. How can change the Solaris primary boot subsystem to boot Windows xp default?

12. FreeBSD and Windows XP dual boot

13. Setting up a dual-boot system with Windows XP