1. Loading libries which load libraries
I've a problem with UNIX library dependencies.
I wrote a program on HPUX. It loads a library "libBVJC_API.sl", which in
turn loads other libraries. One of these libraries that gets (eventually)
loaded is "libITdummytls.sl".
My program compiles and links without problem, but executing it gives loads
of runtime errors (from the line that actually loads "libBVJC_API.sl") like
aCC runtime: Error 215 from
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: do_ipfx__7istreamFi (code) from
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __dt__13Iostream_initFv (code) from
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __ct__13Iostream_initFv_1 (code) from
I ran "chatr" (a program like Windows' quickview, but for HPUX) on
libITdummytls.sl , to see what libraries it was linked with. It did not
mention any dependent libraries. (See output below...)
$ chatr /opt/bv1to1/orbix/lib/libITdummytls.sl
shared library dynamic path search:
SHLIB_PATH disabled second
embedded path disabled first Not Defined
shared vtable support disabled
static branch prediction disbaled
executable from stack: D (default)
kernel assisted branch prediction enabled
lazy swap allocation disabled
text segment locking disabled
data segment locking disabled
data page size: D (default)
instruction page size: D (default)
I then did a grep command, to see what libraries contain strings matching
the missing symbols. A few do, so I put their paths on LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
SHLIB_PATH. This made no difference.
Not knowing much about the behaviour of UNIX libraries, I'm at a loss as to
what could possibly be the matter here. Can anybody suggest anything
(nomatter how unlikely)?
2. Forte still doesn't support STL hash_map - what gives???
3. Load library from library fails?
5. New X library causes `Can't load library libX....' problems!?
6. wine problem
7. help: "emacs:can't load library 'libXt.so.6'" . . .
8. Connecting with USR Winmodem ?
9. Can't load library 'libXt.so.6'
10. Lesstif (mwm) can't load library 'libXm.so.0'
11. xinit: can't load library 'libXmu.so.6' ???
12. trouble loading libraries
13. xinit: can't load library 'libXmu.so.6'