HOTspare in SE3510

Post by ericson_pa.. » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 22:50:14

After assigning global spare disk in SE3510, does it need to configure
somewhere in the Fireware configuration menu to let it take over a
defected disk? or it will take over automatically?

Thanks for advise.

HOTspare in SE3510

Post by Scott Howar » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:21:00

> After assigning global spare disk in SE3510, does it need to configure
> somewhere in the Fireware configuration menu to let it take over a
> defected disk? or it will take over automatically?

Presuming you've pre-configured it as a hot spare (Local or Global) it
will take over automatically if another disk in the array fails.

  Scott

1. se3510 LUNs resize

I wonder if there is a way to increase the size of a LUN(OS seen as a
disk) on SE3510? To increase a Logical Drive's size, there is no
problem. But if the partition of a logical drive aleady mapped to a
LUN, is there a way to increase the size of that LUN?

If not, Is it a good way to use DiskSuite to strip the SE3510 LUNs?  My
concern is that if one of the disks in the Logical Drive(RAID 5) on
which the LUN is created fails, will the stripped meta device also fail
as the it is only a strip?

Thanks for advise!

2. SuSE Linux network setup

3. SE3510 LUNs

4. All In Wonder Pro

5. How to fix the broken hotspare?

6. Cannot properly sense availability of data on socket

7. SE3510 LUN size

8. Is 19 inch monitor small for x-windows ?

9. One hotspare for several slices

10. Reduant configure of SE3510

11. Adding Drive to SE3510

12. SDS hotspare recommendations