bootp and virtual ips

Post by Keri » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:29:25

My server is not responding to bootp requests.  I've checked all the
dhcp files and they all appear to be correct.  My theory is that the
server is discarding the bootp requests because from the snoop I see
the name translation, the request has the virtual ip name(found in
/etc/hostname.ce1:1) not the server machine's hostname.  Because the
machine expects only bootp requests for its own hostname it just
discards it.

Are there any ways to fool the machine to think he's both hostnames or
to mask the hostname of the virtual IP.  Any ideas please let me know.

thanks