Sun Microsystems has announced a stable release of the JXTA
Platform, Shell, and myJXTA demo. The Platform, Shell, InstantP2P,
CMS CVS trees have been tagged.
The main highlights of this release are:
- Optimization of the TCP/IP and HTTP transport
- Optimization of the secure TLS transport
- Tuning and optimization of Rendezvous leasing
- Tuning of the CM and adverti*t expiration
- New fast adverti*t indexing for CM
- Resolver optimization
Sun hopes to engage the community to help prioritize and improve
the platform in areas such as monitoring, membership, access
control and code download.
Download the new release using the CVS tag STABLE_02082002 and the
"myJXTA" demo application, and join the JXTA Network to discuss the
new release features.
To download the "myJXTA" Demo:
We have an updated user's guide available for myJXTA: