need help setting up DNS backup s erver and FTP on SunOS

need help setting up DNS backup s erver and FTP on SunOS

Post by Clau » Sun, 31 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi

a friend of mine who has a small company and uses only WinNT asked me if I
can help him setting up a backup DNS server on his little sun box, which
runs SunOS and is unused ( nobody ever uses Unix there)
Well, I know some Unix but I never installed a DNS server on a Unix machine
and I don't even know where to start and how the fact that all the other
machines are NT might effect what I do.
They also want to set up FTP on the sun box. I need suggestions and advice
how and where to start.

Thanks so much, please e-mail me

claus

1. need help setting up backup DNS server and FTP on SunOS

Hi

a friend of mine who has a small company and uses only WinNT asked me if I
can help him setting up a backup DNS server on his little sun box, which
runs SunOS and is unused ( nobody ever uses Unix there)
Well, I know some Unix but I never installed a DNS server on a Unix machine
and I don't even know where to start and how the fact that all the other
machines are NT might effect what I do.
They also want to set up FTP on the sun box. I need suggestions and advice
how and where to start.

Thanks so much, please e-mail me

claus

2. FreeBSD Samba w/ Win95

3. need help setting up DNS backup server on SunOS

4. LDAP and UNIX password synchronization...

5. Need Help Setting up DNS on SunOS 4.1.3

6. X GUI development tool

7. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68

8. Octave 0.81 (bin & src) Uploaded to Sunsite

9. Need Help -- Backup FreeBSD to Solaris/SunOS

10. UPS Woes (APC Back-UPS Pro)

11. APC Back-UPS 400, updated howto for UPS?

12. Need help setting NIS+ replica on SunOS 4.1.x

13. need help setting up dial-in and -out on same modem in SunOS 4.1