Snoop - loopback interface?

Post by Mike Marsha » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 23:22:04

How might one snoop upon IPC that is taking place on the loopback
interface? The answer doesn't seem to be: use snoop. <g>

-Mike

Snoop - loopback interface?

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 00:01:30

>How might one snoop upon IPC that is taking place on the loopback
>interface? The answer doesn't seem to be: use snoop. <g>

You can't.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

Snoop - loopback interface?

Post by Mike Marsha » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 02:38:10

Quote:>>How might one snoop upon IPC that is taking place on the loopback
>>interface? The answer doesn't seem to be: use snoop. <g>

Quote:>You can't.

You can't watch what they're doing with snoop, but there must be
some way I coulda looked over their shoulders...

-Mike "just cause I didn't figure out how, doesn't mean it can't be done"

1. snoop on loopback interfaces?

I am trying to use snoop to capture UDP/IP packets that are being exchanged
between two applications on the same host. How do I figure out which
loopback interface name to supply to snoop to capture the same?

Saurabh

2. DigiBoard Configurations.

3. snoop/sniff program for loopback interface?

4. seting up dial-in PPP ?

5. Can I snoop the loopback interface?

6. VMWare: Problem installing guest OS Win98

7. snooping loopback

8. HELP : Matrox MGA millenium

9. snooping the loopback device

10. Solaris Loopback Snoop

11. snoop(1M) on loopback lo0, Solaris???

12. snooping synch (ppp) interface

13. snoop on virtual interface