Changing boot-slice in Sol7 X86?

Post by Remy Zandwi » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi.

I've installed Solaris 7 on an Intel box. Windows98 was allready
installed on the harddrive. By default, the bootmanager boots
Solaris. How can I change the bootmanager, so Windows98 gets
booted by default?

Remy

1. Help: Boot error "File not found" sol7 x86

Can anyone please help me with this.

I've installed Solaris 7 x86 on my PC and been using it for a while.
Without any reason it now gets to the secondary boot and after the (b)
or (i) prompt it says

Run Error: File not found.
could not run now

The setup of the PC is

ide1 - master: IBM 10G Hdisk
ide1 - slave: cdrom
ide2 - master: ibm .25G Hdisk
ide2 - slave: none.

(all ide are on the motherboard)

The 10G is partitioned
part1 - Dos Windows (2G)
part2 - Dos extended (4G)
part3 - Solaris (2G)
part4 - Linux (2G)

the .25G is partitioned
part1 - Linux (100M)
part2 - Type 82 made Solaris swap
part3 - Type 82 made Linux swap

After a lot of trouble getting it to install on the 10G drive Solaris
has worked for a number of weeks.  The only difference I can think of
is that I shut down Sol with reboot rather than the usual halt.  I've
only seen this error before if I try to swapon the solaris partition
from Linux but this time I hadn't even booted to linux before the
problem surfaced.

I've tried to do an update from the Solaris CD and it can see the
hdisk partitions and slices fine.

Any help on how I can get this system back to booting without a whole
re-install would be gratefully received.

Tony

--

Auntie Spam's real address:
add a k before the nee.

2. Prompt for execution of commands

3. booting prob with sol7-x86

4. patchrm 105401-16 doesn't work

5. Boot Floppy - Reinstallation Question (Sol7 x86)

6. Hercules THriller 3d ??? (Slackware 3.5)

7. x86 boot enhancements, x86 boot protocol 2.04 9/11

8. Newbie Installing Ethernet card after inital install

9. Basic install question - boot slice beyond 1024 from floppy or boot manager

10. Boot slice on non-boot disks

11. x86 sol7 CDE just stopped working??

12. Sol7 x86, xfree86 server dies: no free VT

13. Newbie Question for Sol7/x86 and GCC