how to setup Network

Post by Paul » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

hey, I am usign D_link 528CT Ethernet card, and seems Solaris 7 doens't
recognize this card, now I can't access internet via cable modem,
my question are
1) how to setup this ethernet card,
2) How can I access internet via cable modem,

I am a absolute newbie to Solaris 7, so need help on this,
thanks in advance.

                                    Paul

how to setup Network

Post by Brad » Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> hey, I am usign D_link 528CT Ethernet card, and seems Solaris 7 doens't
> recognize this card, now I can't access internet via cable modem,
> my question are
> 1) how to setup this ethernet card,
> 2) How can I access internet via cable modem,

> I am a absolute newbie to Solaris 7, so need help on this,
> thanks in advance.

>                                     Paul

I could not get my D-Link 528 Ethernet card working.  I bought a AMD
chipset card and it worked great after.  There are instructions for
configuring network devices here http://sun.pmbc.com/faq/

For the cable modem set up if it is DHCP

1)    touch /etc/dhcp.interface            where interface is your network
device
2)    touch /etc/hostname.interface
3)    edit /etc/hosts and add the following line
127.0.0.1    localhost
4)    touch /etc/notrouter
5)    touch /etc/defaultrouter
6)    touch /etc/resolv.conf
7)    edit /etc/default/dhcp and add the following

Brad

1. Firewall setup - ?network setup during installation

Hi

I am a beginner.

I could install the OpenBSD 2.6. However in the network setup during the
installation I wasn't quite sure what to do.
I want to use it as a firewall to protect a windows-network.

My setup:
1 NT Server, 4 WS
Firewall (Openbsd, Squid, Openssh, QMail) => connected with NT-Server,
not part of the windows network

Windows NT
(to network) nt     10.0.0.1
(to firewall)   nt     10.0.1.2

Firewall        fw    10.0.1.1

PPP-setup was not a problem

*****
*  1.*
*****
I entered the following values at the prompts: Is that correct?
Default route: router-adress ISP (eunet-gw.mydomain.xx)
Primary nameserver: DNS 1 from ISP

*****
*  2.*
*****
The following resolv.conf was created: (What is the meaning of this
file?? Where is doc??)
search mydomain.xx
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (DNS 1 from ISP)
lookup file bind                                                    ==>
what means that???

*****
*  3.*
*****
I want to use x-window. I installed the packages: xserv26.tar.gz
xbase26.tar.gz
When I try to start x-windows with xdm there is no error message like
command not found. But it isn't starting up.
How to configure?

Thank you very much
Best regards
Andreas

2. Frequently Asked Questions

3. How do you setup network fault tolerance/failover

4. Apache-reverse proxy-base href

5. Need Help !! Can't setup network card !

6. SNMP

7. Setup Networking

8. /usr/lib/crt.o problems

9. newbie: debian: how to setup networking?

10. Help me. I can not setup network.

11. HOW to setup network?

12. Setup networking in maintenance mode

13. NetBSD1.3.2 - Can't setup network