Solaris multi-threaded and multi-processor programming tools

Solaris multi-threaded and multi-processor programming tools

Post by htche » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi, everyone.  I plan to purchase a Sun Sparc10 dual-processor
workstation in the next few weeks.  I want to take advantage of the
multi-threaded and multi-programming capabilities of the Solaris OS and
the dual micro-processors.  I was wondering if anyone has been using
Visual WorkShop for C++ and how they like/dislike the software
development package.  In addition, I am curious as to if there are any
third-party software development tools available for Solaris 2.x that
also allows multi-threaded and multi-processor programming on Sparc
workstations.  If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or experiences that
they want to share, please feel free to e-mail me or post their
and attention.

Sincerely,
Henry

Solaris multi-threaded and multi-processor programming tools

Post by Bryan O'Sulliva » Fri, 04 Oct 1996 04:00:00

h> In addition, I am curious as to if there are any third-party
h> software development tools available for Solaris 2.x that also
h> allows multi-threaded and multi-processor programming on Sparc
h> workstations.

You want to buy the latest release of SunSoft Workshop, and get the
iMPact extensions for it.  Sun's tools for developing multithreaded
code are acknowledged to be the best in the industry.  You should also
look out for the upcoming release, which is quite a bit nicer to use.

        <b

--
Let us pray:
What a Great System.

Post by Matt Houseman x440 » Fri, 04 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> h> In addition, I am curious as to if there are any third-party
> h> software development tools available for Solaris 2.x that also
> h> allows multi-threaded and multi-processor programming on Sparc
> h> workstations.

> You want to buy the latest release of SunSoft Workshop, and get the
> iMPact extensions for it.  Sun's tools for developing multithreaded
> code are acknowledged to be the best in the industry.  You should also
> look out for the upcoming release, which is quite a bit nicer to use.

>         <b

I would second that:  The SunSoft Workshop really is a pleasure
to work with especially working with threaded apps.

Matt

Matt Houseman                       Arbor Software

"...honest to the point of recklessness,
    self-centered to the extreme..."

Post by Hr.McCa » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: > You want to buy the latest release of SunSoft Workshop, and get the
: > iMPact extensions for it.  Sun's tools for developing multithreaded
: > code are acknowledged to be the best in the industry.  You should also
: > look out for the upcoming release, which is quite a bit nicer to use.

: I would second that:  The SunSoft Workshop really is a pleasure
: to work with especially working with threaded apps.

On the same subject, does anyone know if LockLint currently (Solaris 2.5.1)
supports C++ ? The required compiler option (-Zll) only seems to be supported
by the C compiler, not by the C++ compiler (version 4.0). This seems strange
to me, especially as all the other Solaris MT tools apparently support C++
without problems ...

David McCann.

PSE TMN 23                     | VOICE: +43 1 1707-45606
Siemens AG Austria             | FAX:   +43 1 1707-55712
Gudrunstrasse 11               |
A-1101 Wien                    | http://www.siemens.at/

1. Solaris multi-threaded and multi-processor programming tools

Hi, everyone.  I plan to purchase a Sun Sparc10 dual-processor
workstation in the next few weeks.  I want to take advantage of the
multi-threaded and multi-programming capabilities of the Solaris OS and
the dual micro-processors.  I was wondering if anyone has been using
Visual WorkShop for C++ and how they like/dislike the software
development package.  In addition, I am curious as to if there are any
third-party software development tools available for Solaris 2.x that
also allows multi-threaded and multi-processor programming on Sparc
workstations.  If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or experiences that
they want to share, please feel free to e-mail me or post their
and attention.

Sincerely,
Henry

2. dynamic linking in C++

3. Multi-processor/multi-threaded programs on Solaris X86

4. howto modify redhat rescue image?

5. Linking multi-threaded app for single- and multi-processor

6. Sorry, modem busy message at KPP

7. mutexes with multi-threaded program on multi-cpu machine.

8. Problem with sh

9. ? multi home + multi cgi, multi email, multi log, multi support

10. Solaris multi-threaded and ONC-RPC programs support on HPUX

11. Multiprocessor/multi-threaded programs on Solaris X86

12. Design of a server: multi-threaded or multi-processes?

13. Upgrading A Single Processor To A Multi-Processor