I'm looking to buy used sparc 10/20, anyone selling

I'm looking to buy used sparc 10/20, anyone selling

Post by snoo » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:35:35

Hello,
        I am looking to buy a SPARC 10 or SPARC 20, if anyone is

Thanks.

Post by John Riddoc » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:58:34

> Hello,
>    I am looking to buy a SPARC 10 or SPARC 20, if anyone is

Try comp.sys.sun.wanted and online auction sites (eg, ebay).

--

http://www.scms.rgu.ac.uk/staff/jr/
"I'd change the world but God won't give me the source code" - Anonymous

I'm looking to buy used sparc 10/20, anyone selling

Post by snoop » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:07:16

Thanks

>> Hello,
>>        I am looking to buy a SPARC 10 or SPARC 20, if anyone is

>Try comp.sys.sun.wanted and online auction sites (eg, ebay).

1. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

New to the group, so please be easy on me.

Here's my question:

Is there a performance difference between a 5, 10, or 20?  During a
recent exercise we conducted, that users were complaining about their
clients being too slow.  They asked to be upgraded to a Sparc 20 to
alleviate their woes.  Walking around doing a dmesg grep -i cpu, we
found that the 5's or 10's actually had a faster processor than the
20's.  Sometimes the RAM was higher on the 20's, sometimes not.   Is
there some sort of performance rating on different models published
somewhere?  Or is it dependent on the architecture of the box itself?
My suggestion was to walk around and pencil in an extra 0 on the case
so they'd think they had a higher model !  Customer service!!

If this is too vague, please let me know and I'll try to be as
specific as I can without compromising security.

Boz
(no certifications as of yet)

2. hosts.deny and hosts.allow

3. Is there a MUNIX for sparc 10's&20's ??

4. TCPDump

5. Looking for A Sparc 10/20

6. installing linux binary

7. question about memory on SPARC 10 and 20

8. cd recording (SCSI emulation layer in 2.4.0)

9. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

10. sparc 2, 5, 10 and 20 cases

11. SunVideo on Sparc 10/20

12. Sparc 10 or 20