Need help In Setting Up DNS In A Hostile Environment

Need help In Setting Up DNS In A Hostile Environment

Post by Frank Everi » Sat, 03 Sep 1994 17:14:48

I've trying to get DNS working in an environment that is comprised of Solaris
2.3, SunOS 4.1.1 and USL's 5.4.2. I've been deep in all the books that discuss
the DNS setup and have concluded that one person wrote the information a long
time ago and as the new OS's came out, no one totally understood the
interaction between DNS and NIS, NIS+, Routing, sendmail, etc. Therefore, the
original words have been propogated and will remain until someone, who totally
understands this beast, decides to put the understanding in print. Oh well,
enough of that.

What I'm looking for is for some good examples of the DNS database files,
an explaination of the steps that are needed to successfully set up a domain
and a good test procedure that can determine that the domain has been
setup correctly and is working.

1. Need Help on setting up getty for dial-ins

HELP!!!

I read the serial howto and installed getty_ps, and I cannot get my linux
box to pick up the phone when i dial into it.  Can someone out there who
has done this successfully PLEASE help me.

This is the corresponding line from /etc/inittab:

cua1:unknown:/etc/uugetty ttyS1 19200 vt100

and this is my /etc/default/uugetty.ttyS1:

VERSION=/proc/version
LOGIN=/bin/login
ISSUE=/etc/issue
CLEAR=NO
HANGUP=YES
INIT="" ATZ1\r
WAITFOR=RING
CONNECT="" ATA\r CONNECT \s\A
ALTLINE=cua1
ALTLOCK=cua1
INITLINE=cua1
TIMEOUT=60

I am using the Yggdrasil Summer '94 distribution of linux.

I need help desperately

Andrew Liles

finger for PGP 2.6 Public Key

2. Talk connect problems

4. everquest and firewalling hell

5. Setting up firewall for dial-ins: How?

6. X windows apps won't start

7. Setting up Ctrl-Alt-Ins = halt

8. 5.6: NIS+ problem

9. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

10. HELP WITH DIAL INS

11. New HOWTO....HOWTO-Hose-RedHat-Installation (help!)

12. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

13. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet