match pid to port?

Post by areplo.. » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way with netstat or ps or another function that will tell me
what process is listening on what port?

Andrew

also- is there a way to to a recursive chown on a softlink to another
dir that resides on another partition?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

match pid to port?

Post by Kjetil Torgrim Homm » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:48:04

Quote:>   Is there a way with netstat or ps or another function that will
>   tell me what process is listening on what port?

Download Vic Abell's lsof.

Quote:>   also- is there a way to to a recursive chown on a softlink to
>   another dir that resides on another partition?

You want symlinks to directories to be followed?  Sounds like a recipe
for disaster.  Just one symlink pointing to /bin (or just about any
system directory) will hose your system.  My advice: Do it explicitly.

Kjetil T.

1. Match httpd PID with user ?

Hello,
Might anyone know how to match an httpd PID to the actual
user ?  For example, is there a way to determine which client
on my intranet is matched up with PID 20635 :

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
20635 www       97    4  636K  428K run   116:26 67.68% 67.68% httpd

The above was taken from the proxy server which is running CERN 3.0.

Thanks,
Richard

2. LAN to Internte (via ISP)?

3. PID numbers with forground and background nums not matching

4. how to access internet with redhat 6.2

5. match works, don't match doesn't

6. Peru rejects MS

7. How to find children PID's given parent PID?

8. Question: Modifying .profile files...

9. NSCA: "Could not log pid to file httpd.pid"

10. cygwin, unix pid to windows pid

11. Matching a pattern in a file and inserting variable string above the line matched?

12. Getting children's PID with parent's pid?

13. About PID, PPID, and how to find processes with such PID