rpcbind n2a_mergeaddr failure?

Post by Jim Dav » Thu, 16 Jun 1994 04:05:58

rcpbind died on our 2.3 SS10-512 (with the latest kernel jumbo patch)
this morning, leaving a

rpcbind: n2a_mergeaddr: open to get interface configuration: Too many open
files

error message in /var/adm/messages.  When I tried to restart it, I got
a 'rpcbind: ticotsord: address in use' error; restarting with the '-w'
flag generated a series of error messages about other addresses in use
(e.g 'udp: address in use').  I didn't see a solution short of
rebooting.

Anyone seen this?  I didn't find anything at sunsolve1 about rpcbind
for 2.3.

1. rpcbind failure when mounting

Hello,

        I keep getting an error when I try and mount
a filesystem from another machine. THis is the error I
get: nfs mount: antibes:: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

        On antibes it looks like I have everything running that
should be: rpcbind, nfsd, mountd. When I do a share the partition
I want shared shows up.

        Any ideas? Thanks.

-Dan

2. S3 trio do not run under Xwindows

3. RPC: Rpcbind failure (NFS)

4. GET http://ifcol.exitfuel.com/.. in my log file??

5. NFS problem - rpcbind failure

6. COLA FAQ 1 of 7 23-Nov-2002

7. rpcbind failure & slow to lget ogin prompt

8. extended VM-8086 mode and dosemu

9. automount rpcbind failures

10. rpcbind failure

11. RPCbind failure-Newbie question

12. Promoting switch failures to node failures (HACMP 4.4)

13. cyrus: failure: prot layer failure