Need: software installation software

Post by Steve K » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Software Installation program.  (like InstallShield)
> I am in need of recommendations for software to perform software
> installations
> on a Solaris or Unix OS.  I need to take existing software systems, and
> package them up for easy installation onto other Solaris machines.

Try the man pages for pkgadd and pkgproto.

--
Steve Kay

Post by Lega » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Software Installation program.  (like InstallShield)

I am in need of recommendations for software to perform software
installations
on a Solaris or Unix OS.  I need to take existing software systems, and
package them up for easy installation onto other Solaris machines.

Thanks for your help.

Doug Waldron
Spyglass Inc.

1. Installation software needed

I am looking for some third party or public domain software that can
be used to perform configuration, customization and possibly
installation from tape, for application software.

At present I'm using shell scripts to edit config files and move files
around after reading them from tape.

Does anyone know of some tool that can be used or scripted to aid in
this process. It does not have to have a GUI, though that would be
nice.

I'm currently using a product called installShield for the OS/2 and
Windows versions of my software.

I'll need something that works on as many different unix platforms as
possible (AIX, Sun and HP are my first targets).

2. Apache and ASP

3. Need installation help for Solaris Software Companion package

4. RH 5.0 Install Question

5. Linux Software Map software Mail-Order

6. help!3c509/Base10T/LED isn on

7. new software (and updated software)

8. Beginnings of conpat 32 code cleanups

9. Security Software and Metering Software

10. Install disc & software 1 & software 2 disc

11. New Organization to Serve Free Software Community: Free Software Union

12. Host/Open Server Software/ Enterpise - ALL In Software Manager

13. SOFTWARE: NSBD 1.1, web-based free software distribution